Page 1 of 1

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:43 am
by Tyler

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 am
by wags83
Neato!

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:22 pm
by TheJose1972
Cool beans!!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:26 am
by Blue Jackets

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am
by cwilkins88
I'm going to say this doesn't happen for awhile. I read an article that said the estate wanted 150 million just for the rights to produce the show. Are they really going to spend 150 million plus another 2-300 million producing a rehashed LOTR? Idk, pretty lofty budget.

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:00 am
by CrckrJack
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I'm going to say this doesn't happen for awhile. I read an article that said the estate wanted 150 million just for the rights to produce the show. Are they really going to spend 150 million plus another 2-300 million producing a rehashed LOTR? Idk, pretty lofty budget.

I would totally watch it

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am
by cwilkins88
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I'm going to say this doesn't happen for awhile. I read an article that said the estate wanted 150 million just for the rights to produce the show. Are they really going to spend 150 million plus another 2-300 million producing a rehashed LOTR? Idk, pretty lofty budget.

I would totally watch it


If they did a different perspective, like Moria, or elven politics, or something sure - but i dont want to watch a remake of a 9 hours (conservatively) movie set into an EVEN LONGER tv series.

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 am
by wags83
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I'm going to say this doesn't happen for awhile. I read an article that said the estate wanted 150 million just for the rights to produce the show. Are they really going to spend 150 million plus another 2-300 million producing a rehashed LOTR? Idk, pretty lofty budget.

I would totally watch it


If they did a different perspective, like Moria, or elven politics, or something sure - but i dont want to watch a remake of a 9 hours (conservatively) movie set into an EVEN LONGER tv series.

This is my thought as well. I loved the LOTR movies and don't need to see it redone. Expanding the Middle Earth world would be neat though.

Re: Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:38 am
by Tyler
I agree as well. I don't think this works as a retelling of the movies. They should just so stories from the silmarillion. Maybe those rights would be cheaper.

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm
by Artukka
This doesn't interest me all that much. It could be good, but I'm not sure how much of Tolkien lore really will adapt well for television, especially if they wouldn't just be doing a longer form version of the Lord of the Rings books, which the movies already did a decent job of.

I think there are more interesting, suitable and cheaper properties that could be developed for a show, though of course they wouldn't have quite the mass appeal of Lord of the Rings -- but Game of Thrones demonstrated that your property doesn't need to be that well known outside of nerddom to find a huge audience, if it has something good and compelling to offer.

Another issue with adapting the Lord of the Rings is that the author is no longer around as a resource or to give his blessing to any new story or lore elements that could be introduced.

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:29 pm
by wags83
Artukka wrote:Source of the post if it has something good and compelling to offer.

Nudity and violence

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:59 pm
by Blue Jackets
Confirmed. More details to come

Re: RE: Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:01 pm
by Tyler
Blue Jackets wrote:Confirmed. More details to come
My phone just sent me this
https://www.avclub.com/amazon-is-gettin ... 404874/amp

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm
by cwilkins88
Multiple seasons off the bat. hope it doesnt suck.

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 pm
by wags83
the dream of a Tom Bombadil stand-alone episode is still very much alive.

Neat!

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 pm
by purple_hayes
Question: Doesn't Lord of the Rings saga have a prequel called 'The Hobbit'? Am I wrong?

Re: RE: Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 pm
by Tyler
purple_hayes wrote:Question: Doesn't Lord of the Rings saga have a prequel called 'The Hobbit'? Am I wrong?
But what about the prequel to the prequel?

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 pm
by purple_hayes
Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Question: Doesn't Lord of the Rings saga have a prequel called 'The Hobbit'? Am I wrong?
But what about the prequel to the prequel?


From what I've read, this is a prequel the Lord of the Rings saga... I thought there was one... called 'The Hobbit'. I mean, I could be wrong. But I thought for sure that those twenty endings of the Hobbit lead right into the Lord of the Rings. They want to make this as big as Game of Thrones... are we going to see some nekkid elves getting it on? If they set this after The Hobbit and before the LOTR, the last dragon is dead. I mean, what will entice people to watch this? People watch Game of Thrones for two things... bewbs and dragons.

Amazon and WB in talks for LotR series

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:33 am
by Blue Jackets