Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Arrow on The CW

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Arrow on The CW

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Anyone going to watch? It's going to be great I think. Based on Green Arrow comic books
Tyler
Owner

Arrow in The CW premieres tonight

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Just started. The main lead is so dreamy!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm

The beginning was kind of odd. He gets off the island and the first thing he talks about is fixing his broken city. Why? Where does that motivation come from?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Arrow in The CW premieres tonight

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Pretty good pilot. Let me piece this all together.

Oliver was on a ship with his girlfriend's sister, obviously he was cheating on her with her sister. While Oliver was gone his best friend became romantically involved with his girlfriend. Oh, and the girl that died just so happened to be the daughter of the police chief. Weird situation.

Oliver's mom is also out to get him because she wants to know what Oliver was told. Obviously whatever Oliver was told by his father is the answer to my earlier question where his motive comes from to clean up the city.

Lastly, what a bitch move by his father. If you are going to kill yourself at least do it so you fall overboard. Oliver probably had to use his last remaining strength to hurl his dead father over the side of the raft.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

One more thing. Oliver was gone for 5 years. Where does he get the technology that an arrow can transfer 40 million dollars and no one notices it?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:17 am

New episode last night. No one else is watching?!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:17 pm

I wasn't!
bbous13

Postby bbous13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Just watched the pilot and I really liked it. This shows pilot was much better than Revolution. Haha good point about his father killing himself in the raft. I think I'll start watching this one regularly.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:10 pm

bbous13 wrote:Just watched the pilot and I really liked it. This shows pilot was much better than Revolution. Haha good point about his father killing himself in the raft. I think I'll start watching this one regularly.

SOO much better than the Revolution pilot. I have 2 more episodes on the DVR I need to watch. I am actually excited to watch those episodes though!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Just finished the second episode.

I am enjoying this show a lot more after I learned about some of the Green Arrow's history.

In the pilot the show opened with this image.

This is the mask of Deathstroke. Deathstroke is a super villain from comics, and possibly the guy in the second episode on the island with Oliver.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke

More tidbits are that in the comics Green Arrow's side kick is called Speedy. Notice that Oliver's sister uses the drug speed.

Also Oliver's best friends name is the name of a villan in the comics.

Dinah Lance (the lawyer girl). Is also the name of a super hero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Canary

In fact. Most of the main characters of the show have appeared in the DC universe before
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Just started new episode. Guy that shot Oliver is for sure not Deathstroke. And awesome that Deadshot is in this episode!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Just finished the 3rd episode. This is a very solid show. 8.5/10 on IMDB. That's very high.

The main from this show was up for the role of Sparatcus, just a fun little fact.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Thoughts on the 4th episode.

So Oliver's step dad is not in on things with his mom?

Can't believe Oliver's little hood protects his identity against his old girlfriend at close range.

How is Oliver so good with computers and looking things up? He was gone for 5 years.

Speaking of computers, the girl IT character bothers me. No IT girl looks and acts like that.

killing a pheasant doesn't mean you're capable of killing a man.

If you had a secret warehouse to hide a sunken ship I don't think the password "Robert" would be the only way of keeping people out.

wtf. The guy on the island spoke English the whole time?!

So Diggler is on board but Oliver is caught. How will he get out of this?

The preview for next week shows death stroke. Should be good
bbous13

Postby bbous13 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 pm

I thought the step dad was in on it with her but i don't think there is anyway he reveals it or even lets her know that he knows about the boat. Hood barely covers him and I thought she recognized him in the prison in the police outfit when she saw his eyes. That IT girl is pretty annoying so far and I hope she doesn't play a big part in the future. Do you think that guy on the island started to learn english in the amount of time he spent with Oliver? If not then why would he hide that he knows english? I think Oliver will get out of it because they don't really have enough evidence. The tape showed him getting a bag out of the trash but never shows him putting the outfit on from what they showed us. I think his ex girlfriend will be involved in getting him out somehow.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 pm

bbous13 wrote:I thought the step dad was in on it with her but i don't think there is anyway he reveals it or even lets her know that he knows about the boat. Hood barely covers him and I thought she recognized him in the prison in the police outfit when she saw his eyes. That IT girl is pretty annoying so far and I hope she doesn't play a big part in the future. Do you think that guy on the island started to learn english in the amount of time he spent with Oliver? If not then why would he hide that he knows english? I think Oliver will get out of it because they don't really have enough evidence. The tape showed him getting a bag out of the trash but never shows him putting the outfit on from what they showed us. I think his ex girlfriend will be involved in getting him out somehow.

The guy had no have known english and he was just being a dick not talking to Oliver, no way could he have learned it.

And true. The cop will keep on suspecting Oliver, but if the footage doesn't show him putting on the costume he will get out of it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Such a weird situation with his ex-girlfriend representing him in court against the police chief, who is her father.

And is she the worst lawyer ever? She wanted to jump at the insanity deal right away when she thinks he is innocent. If he's innocent why would she want to take that deal?

That lie detector scene was pretty good I thought. He shared more than I thought he would.

WOW! Head of security "dies in a car accident" right after he was asked to look into the boat.

I don't buy Diggle as the Green Arrow. I know he is ex-military, but he was too good at playing the Green Arrow role his first night out.

So it seems like Oliver's mom is not the bad guy, but rather in a difficult position with them.
bbous13

Postby bbous13 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:40 am

I wonder if the step dad will get killed or at least threatened if he keeps looking into the boat. I think the mom is still involved in trying to kill them on the boat. she is still really worried about the list which is suspicious. Totally agree about Diggle. It shouldn't be that easy to foil a big drug deal (guns? cant remember now) your first time. The scenes where he has flash backs are my favorite and I want to see more Deathstroke.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 pm

bbous13 wrote:I wonder if the step dad will get killed or at least threatened if he keeps looking into the boat. I think the mom is still involved in trying to kill them on the boat. she is still really worried about the list which is suspicious. Totally agree about Diggle. It shouldn't be that easy to foil a big drug deal (guns? cant remember now) your first time. The scenes where he has flash backs are my favorite and I want to see more Deathstroke.

Gun deal.

And I agree. I am more interested in finding out what happened on the island. The flashbacks are really good I think and there is a lot of stuff to answer. I also like how in the flashback he taught himself to lie well and then in present day he had to use that skill. It was tied in nicely together.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm buying into the character of Diggle more. He's pretty ripped with his shirt off

I'm still bothered by how tech savy Oliver is. He can do anything on a computer, but he needs the IT girl to do a google on the robber?

Oliver's mom is a biatch. He's like 26 or more, he should be able to do whatever he would like.

And I like how Oliver fought crime this most recent episode. Wasn't just about the list.
bbous13

Postby bbous13 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 pm

He should just move into a different house. His mom is too crazy about him being at everything. It will be interesting to see if Speedy and Oliver's best friend will end up together. I think they probably will.

Return to “Shows”