Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 pm

bmyoungs wrote:You will likely have to wait for season 2 for that then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nah uh! Episide 07 shows her perfecting her tight 10
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:53 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 am

s02e01
Really enjoyed the B blot with Susie and the 2 thugs that were hired to beat her up. I didn't quite catch who hired them, but I assume it was the owner of the bar, NOT Sophie's agent.

I was wondering if Midge knew Joel was mad at her, but she did since Susie told her he was there and watched the set. Kind of sleazy of Joel saying he can't be with her if she does standup because he doesn't want to be the butt of a joke.
1) You were the one who cheated, she is trying to make light of the siutation
2) Get back together and don't be a horrible person and she won't have jokes like that to tell anymore

How does one person find herself on stage doing impromptu comedy so often?!?! I actually thought the whole scenario at the cross dressing bar was kind of cringy because of how she wandered on stage and no one dragged her off stage when she started talking in a language that only 1 other person in the bar could understand. Then when the nice lady started translating Midge didn't give her the mic, but instead made the translator (that every person in the bar was listening to) talk over the person with the microphone talking in the unknown language.

"I missed me too" Ahhhh snap Rose! Her and Abe will work it out I'm sure.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:40 pm

s02e02
Happy to see Midge didn't bomb at the club. I was hoping she would earn the respect of the guy comedians by poking fun back at them, but most of them seemed mad and the club owner was pissed. If Midge has a tight 10 minutes why does she insist to rift and improv for all of gigs? She's lucky she was able to recover.

Kind of wished we saw how Abe won Rose back, was it just his willingness to stay in Paris? Last week she hated him and then this week they were best friends. Pretty touching when they got back and Abe is going out of his way to make sure Rose feels like she has a purpose.

Joel's willingness to step in and fix his father's business might be the first time I actually liked Joel. Pretty cool of him to do that, all without his dad asking.

Mich better episode than the previous one.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:50 am

s02e03
The cringe at the wedding. So bad. Midge is not a likable character right now. The worst part is she thinks she messed up because she was too raunchy and didn't play the room well enough. No, that isn't the issue at all, the issue is you made your friend's wedding all about you. You shouldn't have talked more than 30 seconds, better yet, you shouldn't have spoken at the wedding at all.

Enjoyed the scenes with Joel and his parents at the bank.

I assume Susie is going to shake down the record store for the money from the record sales. It can't be that much, but maybe enough to cover her phone bill.

As it stands, season 2 needs some work. I liked s01 a lot, but s02 has just been okay so far. It is all becoming too impossible.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:52 am

I fell behind since no one was reading these. Was hoping bmyoungs or Sarah would show yep. These week we watched 3 more

Catskills is summer camp for adults, very weird. Susie and the plunger idea was great.
Abe looked nice in his romper
Joel is there to spend time with the kids. No signs of the the kids since they were dropped off
Midge and the doctor will for sure start liking each other
Not much really happened here other than Joel stood up for Midge. It is impossible for these people to see a microphone on a stage and not go talk into it.

Always fun when Lenny Bruce shows up. I dig his entire look and attitude.
Great ending. I had a feeling Abe would end up in the audience since he wasn't going to the party and was seen walking the other way. I so badly wanted him to be impressed by Midge, but of course he wasn't because Midge was talking about his sex life.
Midge and the doctor are actually liking each other now.
Very crappy of Midge to leave Susie there while she went back home

Susie had some great moments. Being "lost" and found again. Dancing in the staff dance.
Joel is continuing to win me back over, but I do like Midge with Benjamin/Chuck.
The brother being in the CIA was a fun gag, but poor Abe feels like he can't trust either of his kids.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Sorry been busy with holiday stuff and Sarah's been taking finals. We'll try to watch this week

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 am

Whoops, didn't give my episode thoughts for the last 4.

The season ended better than it started. I really wasn't impressed with the first 3/4th of it. It was good, but not better than a lot of things I normally watch. The season ended strong through. Will discuss more with Brad and Sarah.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Tyler wrote:Whoops, didn't give my episode thoughts for the last 4.

The season ended better than it started. I really wasn't impressed with the first 3/4th of it. It was good, but not better than a lot of things I normally watch. The season ended strong through. Will discuss more with Brad and Sarah.
Oops kind of forgot about this. We ended up watching all of Lucifer instead

Tyler
Owner

Re: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Lol. What we all have been saying. Image

Return to “Shows”