Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Altered carbon

Discuss your favorite shows
purple_hayes

Altered carbon

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am

Tyler wrote:Season thoughts
Overall I thought the show was pretty good. It won't be the best thing I've seen on TV this year, but I am sure it will be in the top half. The entire show looked amazing. Really sets the bar high for what you can do on TV with sets/visuals. I think the story got clunky at times and there was a some fat that could have been trimmed. I will for sure watch s02.

Questions for next season, but I think there is s02 news out there that can answer some of these.

Think Tak was put back into his old sleeve, the one from the pit fight?
Will Ryker/Ortega be in the show still and solve crimes together?

Per the books, there is a 30 year time jump between book 1 and book 2. The creator of the show has said that she doesn't know if she will use the next books due to the scope of it, the 30 year jump along with space fights and such, which may be too expensive. Evidently, she brought Falconer forward, I guess she doesn't come around until book 3, so that IF Netflix does give her a second season, she can develop a different story arc for our hero. But from the way it sounds... Poe, Ryker, Ortega wouldn't return. Tak's sister may come back, in flashbacks like Falconer did. But everything is up in the air and nothing is off the table. The author of the series is on board with her idea as well. From what I've read so far.
purple_hayes

Altered carbon

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post ep8
Ortega is able to kill 8 envoys, is she the most badass person in this universe now?

Um... what? Envoys are dead, except one... Tak. I guess you could say two, Tak and his sister Rei. There are no other Envoys. Ortega's abilities are now enhanced a bit with her new titanium arm... kinda like the Winter Soldier.
wags83

Altered carbon

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:57 am

I also finally got around to watching the finale last night. Not a bad ending but I do have some thoughts/questions.

Regarding Lizzy, how does she change the appearance of the synthetic sleeve? Also, does she not have a stack? I'm not sure on the specifics of how needlecasting works. Is it just that the DHF is no longer in the original stack but it's in the synth sleeve's stack?

I imagine the following season(s) will be about Tak trying to find Quell's backup copy. My issue with this is that the whole point of Quell's revolution was that you should only get one life, so would she really want to be spun back up? I guess you could say that her life was taken too early so it would be fine, but just a thought.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Altered carbon

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:07 am

purple_hayes wrote:
Ortega is able to kill 8 envoys, is she the most badass person in this universe now?

Um... what? Envoys are dead, except one... Tak. I guess you could say two, Tak and his sister Rei. There are no other Envoys. Ortega's abilities are now enhanced a bit with her new titanium arm... kinda like the Winter Soldier.
Rei is an envoy. Ortega killed like 8 Rei clones, meaning she killed 8 envoys.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 am

wags83 wrote:I also finally got around to watching the finale last night. Not a bad ending but I do have some thoughts/questions.

Regarding Lizzy, how does she change the appearance of the synthetic sleeve? Also, does she not have a stack? I'm not sure on the specifics of how needlecasting works. Is it just that the DHF is no longer in the original stack but it's in the synth sleeve's stack?

I imagine the following season(s) will be about Tak trying to find Quell's backup copy. My issue with this is that the whole point of Quell's revolution was that you should only get one life, so would she really want to be spun back up? I guess you could say that her life was taken too early so it would be fine, but just a thought.
The owner of the fighting pits has a synth sleeve and was able to change his appearance too. It's not a human sleeve but instead machine made so it can be modified? I assume there was an empty stack in the sleeve and she downloaded to the new stack and left her old one empty.

I has the same thought about Quell. Her whole revolution was about only having one life. I was waiting for Tak to say this when his sister teased him about her. I wanted him to say "I'm going to kill you and leave Quell resting. It's what she wanted". But you're right, maybe she would be happy to come back and finish her mission.
wags83

Altered carbon

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The owner of the fighting pits has a synth sleeve and was able to change his appearance too.

Ah good call, I guess there is some precedent for that then.
purple_hayes

Altered carbon

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm

If you have questions about the show... this is a very spoiler ridden explanation of the show. its really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da9bV9QGNhM
purple_hayes

Altered carbon

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:

Rei is an envoy. Ortega killed like 8 Rei clones, meaning she killed 8 envoys.

Since, Rei was needlecasting into those bodies... she really only killed one Envoy, Rei but like 8 times, like a cat.
wags83

Altered carbon

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:42 pm

I know that Rei was down to her last "life" since her backup was corrupted, but couldn't Tak have just killed Rei's sleeve, taken her stack, and then try to find out where she was keeping Quell? I'm surprised he didn't do that rather than shooting her stack. Or did I miss something that would have prevented this?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm

wags83 wrote:I know that Rei was down to her last "life" since her backup was corrupted, but couldn't Tak have just killed Rei's sleeve, taken her stack, and then try to find out where she was keeping Quell? I'm surprised he didn't do that rather than shooting her stack. Or did I miss something that would have prevented this?
Did we get confirmation that he shot her stack? I thought the gunshot went off while we saw Ortega pounding on the door. Did Tak say he shot her there or did they show her neck? I assumed she was also recovered from the crash and could show up again.
wags83

Altered carbon

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm

I guess it was never confirmed. It looked like blood was coming from the neck but without any confirmation, I'll assume she'll be back.

Will be interesting what happens with the actors for future seasons. Tak is going to be turning in his Ryker sleeve since Ryker was framed. Like you mentioned, there was an original Tak sleeve at the fighting place, maybe he can get that.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 am

Kath525 wrote:I can't believe Tim didn't watch this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bump for him
CrckrJack

Altered carbon

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:36 am

So this show is AWESOME. I would say it's better than Westworld honestly. The environment is amazing. The technology is super cool. The acting is superb. The plots are good. And there are dingers. My only complaint is that the guns look dumb.
wags83

Altered carbon

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Speaking of this show, it just got renewed for season 2!

I'm excited, but also very curious how they'll do it.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Altered carbon

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Lol crckrjack. All good points.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:18 pm

wags83 wrote:Speaking of this show, it just got renewed for season 2!

You buried the lead. Anthony Mackie (Falcon from Marvel) is the new lead since the main character switched bodies at the end.
wags83

Altered carbon

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Speaking of this show, it just got renewed for season 2!

You buried the lead. Anthony Mackie (Falcon from Marvel) is the new lead since the main character switched bodies at the end.

Oh nice! I didn't actually read an article, just saw it was tweeted that they renewed it.

Return to “Shows”