Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Netflix Lost in Space

Discuss your favorite shows
purple_hayes

Netflix Lost in Space

Postby purple_hayes » Tue May 15, 2018 12:38 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I've been watching it a little bit more with the girls. Weekends have been rainy and boring, so stayed inside and relaxed. Watched 3 episodes.

I binged this over the weekend... OMG the girls are SOOO annoying. What they did to the robot is both brilliant and completely STUPID!! OMG! I don't know if I want to love or hate this show. I know I want to throat punch the daughters, honestly only Judy. Parker Posey is brilliant as Dr Smith, cuz I hate her. I am hoping someone else watches this too, cuz would love to vent with them. Oh, I watched the original when I was a kid.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Netflix Lost in Space

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:19 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Parker Posey is brilliant as Dr Smith, cuz I hate her.

I hate her so much, but that just means she did a good job.

I really enjoyed this show, even if it did take 8 years to finish. I wasn't as mad with the girls' decision as martin is. I actually enjoyed the younger daughters character. She was sassy, but knew what she was doing. That and chicken man. Both of those guys were funny and put some comedy into an otherwise dark toned show.

I honestly thought for a minute they were going to end this on a happy note, and thought it was going to be out of style, but then they give a giant robot middle finger to the Robinsons.
purple_hayes

Netflix Lost in Space

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:42 am

cwilkins88 wrote:I really enjoyed this show, even if it did take 8 years to finish. I wasn't as mad with the girls' decision as martin is. I actually enjoyed the younger daughters character. She was sassy, but knew what she was doing. That and chicken man. Both of those guys were funny and put some comedy into an otherwise dark toned show.

My issue is with the oldest daughter, Judy. Penny and Will both make sense in the characters they built for the show. My issue is that Judy is a doctor, in the event of bringing back fuel to save the larger group, an accident happens where one individual is smashed. There was no saving this guy, but she put his health and her need to save him above the whole group's need to get off the planet. All decisions before this was about her putting her own life before everyone else's, but in this moment she selfishly puts her need to save one person above saving the group. Its basic knowledge in all survival training. That whole sequence was complete bull squirt. It just bothers me.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Netflix Lost in Space

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 am

This is all fair. She was just a doctor in training, and I know that a lot of doctors struggle letting patients go, especially in the beginning. That's the way I rationalized it, but you're correct in she made the wrong decision, and everyone should have stopped her.
Travis

Netflix Lost in Space

Postby Travis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Watched the first season , thought some parts where dumb but over all I liked the show looking forward on what they do for season 2.
Tyler
Owner

Netflix Lost in Space

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 am

My coworker has seen season 1 literally 5 times. She was just in Iceland and was visiting a waterfall. She learned the next day that they were going to film the show there and were actually setting up when she was there, she barely missed it.

Return to “Shows”