Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:31 am

Last edited by Blue Jackets on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Owner

Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:01 am

I can't wait for Disney to announce I have my own Star Wars property. Everyone is getting a piece of the pie.

Wags, are you feeling there is going to be too much Star Wars? Maybe it's me with Marvel, I watch all the movies and at one point tried watching all the shows, but its impossible to keep up. Plus the shows never carry over to the movies.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:51 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Wags, are you feeling there is going to be too much Star Wars? Maybe it's me with Marvel, I watch all the movies and at one point tried watching all the shows, but its impossible to keep up. Plus the shows never carry over to the movies.

I would say it's comparable to that. But as with Marvel, I don't make a point to keep up with everything Star Wars outside the main movies. There are lots of other books and the animated Star Wars show and I've never tried to get into those. I would watch this if I had easy access to it, but I don't think I would want to subscribe to something else just for this.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:47 am

'Star Wars': Jon Favreau's TV Series "The Mandalorian" Details Revealed
"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic,"
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:15 am

I have basically no opinion on this. Wags, should we be excited?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 am

It sounds neat, but it also sounds like a new character we haven't seen before, so I can't really say.

Like I said earlier, I am interested in these Star Wars things, but I don't like that I have to have so many different subscription services to see them.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 am

From Starwars.com
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:47 am

Is The Mandalorian a single person, like "The Gunslinger", or a collection of bounty hunters that wear the same outfit?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:05 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is The Mandalorian a single person, like "The Gunslinger", or a collection of bounty hunters that wear the same outfit?

Mandalorians are people from the planet Mandalore known for being warriors and have that distinctive armor. I would imagine this particular show being "The" Mandalorian will focus on a single person rather than the group.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Just putting this here to watch later. Not related, just didn't want to make a new thread for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IvGpStmbOM
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 pm

What is that aspect ratio? Hotdog?
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:35 am

Lucasfilm confirms the Boba Fett Star Wars movie is 100% dead
I think we all kind of assumed this when we saw this TV show was coming out.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 am

Good for him. He needs more leading man roles.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 am

Lucasfilm is pleased to announce the cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series — The Mandalorian.

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man)

This confused me because the 2 people in that documentary were killed. Werner was the narrator. Funny this article credits him with something people people didn't watch and those that watch never saw him.

Return to “Shows”