Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Discuss your favorite shows
Corey
Site Admin

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Corey » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What an ending! Makes me wonder if season 3 follows Boba instead of our Mando.

Did you watch the post credits scene?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Great finale. I was wondering that too glass, but it seems like "The Book of Boba Fett" will be it's own series in addition to Mandalorian. My guess is that Mandalorian will follow them trying to take back Mandalore.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:42 pm

One thing that bothers me is that it was Luke Skywalker to come get Grogu at the end. I mean, it's cool that he's in it but I feel like it kind of diminishes Grogu's importance because we already know the end of Luke's story and Grogu isn't in it. They could have made it much more interesting to have any other jedi show up. My favorite theory earlier in the season was that a tattered, old Mace Windu would show up. Oh well, season was still really fun and I'm looking forward to next season and the other spinoffs they've set up.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:51 pm

wags83 wrote:One thing that bothers me is that it was Luke Skywalker to come get Grogu at the end. I mean, it's cool that he's in it but I feel like it kind of diminishes Grogu's importance because we already know the end of Luke's story and Grogu isn't in it. They could have made it much more interesting to have any other jedi show up. My favorite theory earlier in the season was that a tattered, old Mace Windu would show up. Oh well, season was still really fun and I'm looking forward to next season and the other spinoffs they've set up.
He ded bro.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:04 pm

No one is dead in Star Wars tho.

Also, Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is gonna kill Grogu based on the new trilogy

wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:45 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:One thing that bothers me is that it was Luke Skywalker to come get Grogu at the end. I mean, it's cool that he's in it but I feel like it kind of diminishes Grogu's importance because we already know the end of Luke's story and Grogu isn't in it. They could have made it much more interesting to have any other jedi show up. My favorite theory earlier in the season was that a tattered, old Mace Windu would show up. Oh well, season was still really fun and I'm looking forward to next season and the other spinoffs they've set up.
He ded bro.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Another (different) Mace Windu theory/rumor: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/star-wa ... zUB1ZwNjkw

As for how he [Grogu] survived the massacre of the Jedi that occurred when Palpatine executed Order 66, we were told that he was rescued and hidden away. But who was it, out of the wide Star Wars galaxy, that did the rescuing?

Season 2 left this unclear, but obviously we’ll find out eventually. And given the build-up to the reveal, it’s bound to be an iconic character from the Prequel Trilogy. In fact, insider Daniel Richtman claims that he’s heard from his sources that the one who saved Grogu from Order 66 was none other than Mace Windu.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:13 am

Did anyone have issues with the doctor turning sides so quickly? Have they shown him having a heart before and I missed it? He so easily gave up ship and dark trooper details.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Bo-katan 4 episodes ago. "you're in a cult. Mandalorians don't actually believe all that crazy shit. "

Bo-katan now "I can not be ruler unless i defeat the owner of the dark saber! You handing it over doesn't count. We must follow the way!"
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Bo-katan 4 episodes ago. "you're in a cult. Mandalorians don't actually believe all that crazy shit. "

Bo-katan now "I can not be ruler unless i defeat the owner of the dark saber! You handing it over doesn't count. We must follow the way!"

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. Hand it to Gus Fring and then cut his face off. You won it, hooray
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:08 pm

lol, that's pretty good

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Did anyone have issues with the doctor turning sides so quickly? Have they shown him having a heart before and I missed it? He so easily gave up ship and dark trooper details.

In season 1 they showed him to kinda have a heart, I think. IIRC, he was hesitant about the experiments on baby Yoda and seemed worried about baby Yoda's well-being.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:10 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post In season 1 they showed him to kinda have a heart, I think. IIRC, he was hesitant about the experiments on baby Yoda and seemed worried about baby Yoda's well-being.

Okay, I thought there was something like that but couldn't remember. They should have done more s02 work with that
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Maria and I watched those over the course of two days. I say watched loosely because I was mostly playing Hades while the show was on.
Two episodes that stuck out to me. s2e5 "The Jedi" I liked the way this episode was shot. It felt very horror movie like. The whole intro with Ahsoka weaving in and out of the soldiers and fog while turning her saber on and off.
and obviously the season 2 finale kind of hit me in the emotions too.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:56 pm

.Image
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Lol, classic
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 pm

Tyler wrote:Bo-katan 4 episodes ago. "you're in a cult. Mandalorians don't actually believe all that crazy shit. "

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:15 pm

It was bound to happen. I think it was Wagner who said today morning to recast her. The character is more important than the actress.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:54 pm

And I've said it's incredibly easy to unceremoniously kill off a character in between seasons or movies.

"Hey whatever happened to that one lady who helped us a lot?"
"Oh her spaceship exploded under mysterious circumstances that we will never talk about or explore again"

Then you can bring her back in later seasons with a new actress and play it off as reconstructive surgery from the explosion.
"It's going to take a lot more than one mysterious spaceship explosion and 12 months of reconstructive surgery to keep me down"

Return to “Shows”