Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Another one that's available at launch! Exciting.
wags83

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby wags83 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 am

Watched the first episode last night. Anyone else watching yet?

Without discussing spoilers, I thought it was fun and entertaining. I like their use of practical effects mixed with CGI. I also enjoyed the cameos. I'll keep watching.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:57 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Watched the first episode last night. Anyone else watching yet?

Without discussing spoilers, I thought it was fun and entertaining. I like their use of practical effects mixed with CGI. I also enjoyed the cameos. I'll keep watching.

I think I'll watch one tonight. There's only 8 episodes, and @ 40 minutes, it's not too much of a chore to keep up with.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:25 pm

I don't really love SW, but I'll check this out eventually if you guys make me.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:56 pm

It's worth watching even if you aren't involved in SW. Watched episode 1 and it's a good show. You'll get enough just from basic general SW knowledge.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Watched episode one. It was fun enough. The internet spoiled enough so I knew who the target would be when they said it was 50 years old.

Incant stress enough about not caring about SW. I couldn't name the original trilogy in order or even name all 3 of them. Was the boba fitt guy in the....2nd one? And this takes place between the OG series and the new one?

In the 1-3 trilogy there was a bounty Hunter that was killed. Did the little boy grow up to be boba?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 pm

Tyler wrote:Watched episode one. It was fun enough. The internet spoiled enough so I knew who the target would be when they said it was 50 years old.

Incant stress enough about not caring about SW. I couldn't name the original trilogy in order or even name all 3 of them. Was the boba fitt guy in the....2nd one? And this takes place between the OG series and the new one?

In the 1-3 trilogy there was a bounty Hunter that was killed. Did the little boy grow up to be boba?
This is just a random mandalorian. Nothing to do with boba

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:31 pm

How does Mando eat if his helmet never comes off?

If he does take off his helmet, I want some Man in the Iron Mask gross hair stuff.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Tyler wrote:How does Mando eat if his helmet never comes off?

If he does take off his helmet, I want some Man in the Iron Mask gross hair stuff.
There is a passing comment later in the series. The mask comes off, just not in front of other people

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:15 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:
Tyler wrote:How does Mando eat if his helmet never comes off?

There is a passing comment later in the series. The mask comes off, just not in front of other people

That seems like cheating! They are making a huge deal of it never ever coming off.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:20 pm

These posts make me want to not be friends with Glass.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Just had the convo about him taking off his helmet daily, but not in front of anyone. He then took it off to eat while watching the kids play. Does that count as in front of someone? It looked like he was standing outside, but I assume it's not meant to be read as this was the first time taking it off on front of people
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Newest episode. You nerds probably got excited about Tatooine.

This mechanic has to be the voice of Caroline in Bojack.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Watching 6 and can't stop laughing during the team introduction. Rick and Morty nailed it a few weeks ago. This feels like it is parody now

Edit: lol. Even a double cross
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:04 am

Tyler wrote:Watching 6 and can't stop laughing during the team introduction. Rick and Morty nailed it a few weeks ago. This feels like it is parody now

Edit: lol. Even a double cross
You son of a bitch. I'm in

wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:07 am

I've not watched the most recent episode yet, but I can see where this criticism is coming from. I've enjoyed the series so far and each episode has been pretty fun, but yeah, even last episode I was thinking "Where is this going?"

If you watch each episode as it's own thing, it's a lot of fun and gives a good Star Wars fix. But as an overarching story line throughout the season, there doesn't really seem to be one. There was the first couple episodes, but now it's basically just been Mando/baby Yoda in a new place, Mando helping with a task, then leaving the place because somebody is after baby Yoda.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:11 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/manda ... 202197284/

That article is exactly what I've been thinking even without seeing the most recent episode. The final paragraph really sums it up nicely:
The last three episodes of “The Mandalorian” have been entirely interchangeable, and there’s been zero plot developments to speak of since the titular protagonist escaped the Bounty Hunter’s Guild with Baby Yoda in tow in Episode 3. There’s more than enough “Star Wars” locales for the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda to keep this unmoving jig up until the end of time, but one can only hope Season One’s remaining two episodes will provide some sort of long-overdue catharsis to this meandering journey.

Return to “Shows”