Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:16 pm

The bartender is the monster from Jeepers Creepers.
Tyler
Owner

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post The bartender is the monster from Jeepers Creepers.

Hilarious joke Tyler. So true.

I really enjoyed this episode. Baby yoda closing the lid when the fight start, Timothy Olyphant being so dreamy (seriously, he is aging as well as George Clooney. I felt things), the sand people tripping and beating eaten instead of the mammoth, pod racing engine motorcycle thing. Fun romp! This whole show is.

Few things, why didn't they just feed the mammoth thing to the grabboid right away? we all knew it was going to happen. That would have been way easier. I understand like 20%? of the references, but still really liking the lore.
Did anyone notice the aspect ratio changing during the action? really cool touch. The last Mission Impossible movie did that too and it works so well!

Everyone should check out my podcast dudes. I have said this multiple times, but I almost look forward to listening to their coverage more than show itself sometimes. I was very excited to see they were covering the show this year. They explain a lot of the references that I know nothing about. https://baldmove.com/the-mandalorian/s02e01-chapter-9/
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Finally getting around to starting season two. I'll leave more thoughts later on first episode. Watching 2nd now. Anyone else think face huggers from Alien?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:28 pm

Also, Ice Spiders!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'll leave more thoughts later on first episode

We are waiting!

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Watching 2nd now. Anyone else think face huggers from Alien?

I was too busy being bothered by Yoda eating babies the entire episode. How did the salamander mom not notice they were missing?!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:11 pm

I see you already brought it up, Glass, but I agree. Why would they not just try the suicide bombing bantha as the first option? I thought for sure that was their plan when I first saw it loaded up with bombs.

Was cool to see the Tuskens shown in a more "human" way. I found out after watching that there is a Star Wars book that features a Tusken who became a jedi and then later a sith. But I think pretty much any time they've been featured in a movie, they're shown as mindless savages.

Also, yes, baby Yoda just trying to end that frog lady's bloodline was pretty cruel.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Funny you say frog lady. That's what her (un)official name is in the Wookipedia now and she speaks frog. Lol. My podcast talks in WPM. Wookiepedia entries per minute that the show is creating
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 pm

Lol, nice. I guess I only say frog because of how she was "running" away from the ice spiders. But now that you mention it, Mando did say "Sorry, I don't speak frog." Though, I took that as his generalization of her speech (racist?) rather than an official language.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:48 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post she was "running" away from the ice spiders.

That was hilarious, because it didn't seem any faster than just running on the 2 rear legs standing upright.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:22 am

.Image
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:21 am

Aww, man. That's disappointing to hear it's getting shorter. I guess that's the freedom of a streaming show vs. traditional TV.

Also, don't post memes you don't understand.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:14 pm

We should have talked about this. I was assuming we wouldn't see frog lady again since the show really doesn't have that many through stories. However, she is in this episode and it picks off right where the previous one ended.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:55 am

Neat. I noticed she was the director
https://v.redd.it/zbvvjnj0d3z51
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Neat. I noticed she was the director
https://v.redd.it/zbvvjnj0d3z51

That's neat. I noticed that too in the end credits.

I haven't checked anywhere else but I'm guessing the internet is freaking out that they mentioned Ahsoka Tano.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Who is that? My podcast will explain that I'm sure. Hour long discussion over the 30 minute episode.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:16 pm

She was the main character in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:18 pm

I've been liking this season a lot more than season 1.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Yeah, it's been fun. And the episodes seem to be more inter-connected than last season.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Disney+ has a behind the scenes series for season 1. I've heard about the giant video screens they used on my tech podcast. I finally watched that episode (ep4) of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian and it blew me away. Way more amazing than anything I was picturing. I thought it would be pretty obvious, but they were showing footage from inside The Volume and you couldnt tell what reality ended and the screen started. This is used so much more than you realize in the show and you would have no idea. Worth a watch just for this episode. I think I will also watch the Practical Effect episode. Wasn't overly interested in Directing, Legacy, Cast, Process, Score, Connections.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:17 am

That does sound neat.

That also reminds me of one thing I forgot to mention. I really mostly love the use of practical effects in this show. But damn, that baby tadpole flopping around in the bowl of water looked horrible.

Return to “Shows”