Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 am

I like how Baby Yoda is exactly the "age" the story needs. He ranges from 6 month infant to 6 year old who can tell colors and help with repairs. Loved seeing the pair trying to fix the ship together.

I've been enjoying the the Razor Crest getting the shit kicked out of it every episode and thought that would be a fun season long plot, but boy am I glad to see it is fully repaired (in like 5 hours?) and so capable now.

As I've stated before, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so take this with a grain of salt. But I think the speed racer things and tie-fighters were some of the best SW action I've ever seen.

I'm not entirely sure what was happening in the lab. Gus from Breaking Bad is using baby yoda blood to clone what?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post But I think the speed racer things and tie-fighters were some of the best SW action I've ever seen.

Speeder bike scenes are always cool.

You knew something was up with the Razor Crest repair immediately when that mechanic looked back at them. Convenient that Gus had an embedded spy there just in case Mando ever came back specifically for ship repairs.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm not entirely sure what was happening in the lab. Gus from Breaking Bad is using baby yoda blood to clone what?

That's about as much as I got from it too. I'm not sure who he's trying to clone yet. Maybe Yoda himself?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post That's about as much as I got from it too. I'm not sure who he's trying to clone yet. Maybe Yoda himself?

My podcast explained this scene better. They are using baby Yoda's blood because of his high M-Counts (which I guess is a huge trigger word for SW nerds) to inject the force into people.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post That's about as much as I got from it too. I'm not sure who he's trying to clone yet. Maybe Yoda himself?

My podcast explained this scene better. They are using baby Yoda's blood because of his high M-Counts (which I guess is a huge trigger word for SW nerds) to inject the force into people.

Yeah, I assumed "M-Counts" meant Midichlorians....which many consider the dumbest concept ever devised in the Star Wars universe.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I've heard about the giant video screens they used on my tech podcast. I finally watched that episode (ep4) of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian and it blew me away. Way more amazing than anything I was picturing.

I like looking for these scenes now. I think I can identify them because I know what to look for, but it still looks like they are outside or in front of real sets
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:28 am

Grogu! We have a name!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:53 am

Also, neat that Rosario Dawson played Ahsoka.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

s02e06 (?)
I was not expecting Boba Fett to show up in such a grand fashion AND Grogu be taken. I feel like this is the first episode in the series to end in a cliffhanger.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:00 pm

This was a great episode. Pretty neat to have Boba Fett be in it and with more than just a cameo role.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:24 pm

What about the Razor Crest? I am more sad about that than Baby Yoda being taken. I want Mando to get another one and not Slave-1. What about kids who have the Razor Crest Lego set under their Christmas trees right now?!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What about kids who have the Razor Crest Lego set under their Christmas trees right now?!

It'll be all the more fun to smash it once they've built it since it'll be show-accurate.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:28 pm

I enjoyed the helmet scene. Maybe we will get one of those a season and then the person (or robot) who sees Mando without his helmet has to be killer or run off.

Not specific to this episodes but all of Star Wars. Why have vehicles with wheels ever? The slightest bump can explode this chemical, should we float it above the ground? Nah, 14 wheels are just as good.

Regardless, another fun fetch quest episode and I think the first episode with no baby yoda at all?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:14 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Not specific to this episodes but all of Star Wars. Why have vehicles with wheels ever? The slightest bump can explode this chemical, should we float it above the ground? Nah, 14 wheels are just as good.

Lol, I was thinking exactly this when watching the episode. So dumb.

Also, seems like Bill Burr isn't all that much better off being set loose into the wilderness of a random planet rather than being in prison. I get it that he doesn't want to go back to prison, but they could have at least given him a ride somewhere.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Mandalorian - Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:49 pm

He felt bad for the people on the planet. He is going to turn his life around and help them! But for real, random planet for sure better than prison. He can always catch a ride somewhere later from someone

Also
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Not my idea, but podcast.
The "pirates" in this episode were dumb. They werent trying to steal anything, just explode it. That's more of a rebellion mission. It would have been way more interesting if the resistance/rebellion (idk the difference) was trying to blow up the fuel and Mando had to fight "innocent" people. The show can't do that tho since its meant for kids mostly.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:13 pm

That's a good point. My assumption while watching was that they were locals trying to drive the new empire off of the planet, but I guess they did call them "pirates."
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 pm

I heard that earlier today. RIP.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:53 pm

What an ending! Makes me wonder if season 3 follows Boba instead of our Mando.

Return to “Shows”