Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Discuss your favorite shows
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08 am

HYPE!
I cant not think of the Bill Hader story when I see this.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:23 am

s02 out today. HYPE!!!!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

I watched 201 and 202 last night. Idk what happened, but I now like Robbie. I didn't care for him last season, but I feel bad for him now.
I also forgot that Miguel didn't know Robbie and Johnny are son/father. That will be interesting now that Miguel saw the picture on his fridge.

This show continues to balance cheesy stuff that shouldnt work with heartfelt drama. It is seriously so good.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Tyler wrote:I watched 201 and 202 last night. Idk what happened, but I now like Robbie. I didn't care for him last season, but I feel bad for him now.
I also forgot that Miguel didn't know Robbie and Johnny are son/father. That will be interesting now that Miguel saw the picture on his fridge.

This show continues to balance cheesy stuff that shouldnt work with heartfelt drama. It is seriously so good.
I like everyone....except larusso. I think he's a huge dbag.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Thu May 02, 2019 2:32 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I like everyone....except larusso. I think he's a huge dbag.

If him and Johnny would just talk it out for like 20 minutes everything would be fine...but then we wouldn't have a show. I understand Larusso's anger though when seeing Johnny with his old sensei. That guy was an absolute madman to them when they were teenagers, of course Larusso is worried when he is back in the picture.

Larusso's wife is so good though. She is grounded 100% in reality all the time. It's hilarious when treats Johnny and her husband like children.
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4971
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am

‘Cobra Kai’ Renewed for Season 3 at YouTube Premium

YouTube Will Make ‘Cobra Kai,’ Other Originals Free to Watch This Year
Free in the fall. Season 1 will be free, then on Sept. 11 Season 2 will be free, one episode a week. The free episodes will be ad supported. If anyone was curious on the specifics
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Sat May 04, 2019 10:13 pm

204
Hawks best friend joining Larusso. I should have seen there coming!!!! So good. That was 109% assault when old man best up that 17 year old kid. Messed up
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Wed May 08, 2019 7:11 am

205
Hawk is not a likable character at all. Johnny needs to kick him out and get read of his mentor. I use to like Johnny, but after seeing what his students do and him assaulting a salesman at the car dealership I'm over it. I understand in his version of the story Larusso could be seen as the "bad guy", but Larusso doesn't assault and bully people.

The food court fight scene was such 80's cheese. I loved it.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:40 am

Tyler wrote:205
Hawk is not a likable character at all. Johnny needs to kick him out and get read of his mentor. I use to like Johnny, but after seeing what his students do and him assaulting a salesman at the car dealership I'm over it. I understand in his version of the story Larusso could be seen as the "bad guy", but Larusso doesn't assault and bully people.

The food court fight scene was such 80's cheese. I loved it.
I still like Johnny but this set me back quite a bjt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Wed May 08, 2019 7:42 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I still like Johnny but this set me back quite a bjt.

The show does a surprisingly good job of showing characters aren't just black and white. They are complex people who fit into different categories at the same time because of their life experiences. However, it's hard to excuse Johnny for beating up that guy and being such a deadbeat father.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 pm

This show does a better job of referencing GoT than GoT does
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Wilkins told me I would start to hate Larusso and I refused to believe it. 207 and I can see it now. Karate is all that matters to him. Not his wife or his business. His right hand man just quit! Now his big eyed beautiful wife is upset too.

Is Robbie not going to tell them about the medal of Honor being returned?!?!?! Dafug. But I like Robbie now. The show continues to make complex characters!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm going to finish tonight.
208 - girls fighting at the rink. This city is the smallest town ever too. Johnny is on a date and just happens to see his neighbors horrible boyfriend.
209. Of course they are st the same restaurant. The wife "oh they have warring karate dojos" "are you boys done comparing class sizes?"
The HS drama is so dumb. But I love it.
The 4 adults on the date is better tho. They are having fun!!! I don't want them to go back to fighting.


210
And.....they are back to fighting.all of them. Everyone in this town
This is more epic than the Battle for Winterfell.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post 210
And.....they are back to fighting.all of them. Everyone in this town
This is more epic than the Battle for Winterfell.


So...attempted murder right?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Wed May 15, 2019 8:29 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post So...attempted murder right?

It clearly wasn't self defense at that point. Miguel had basically tapped out and Robby kept going. If Robby goes to jail then so does the random Cobra Kai member that assaulted the teacher.

What an episode though! That was 15 minutes of battle royal. Do they all get suspended? Do they all go to jail? I think the 2 above should for sure.

If we see Miguel do any karate next season (which we will), I am going to have problems. Did they show his back and/or neck was broken? Ali is a surgeon though and she just accepted Johnny's request. She is going to come in and perform a miracle on Miguel.

I think season 3 will be Jonny and Daniel teaming up to take down Kreese. I was really hoping in the elevator they would say "we gotta stop this petty shit and work together to save these kids"

As I've said before, the show does a good job of showing characters aren't just bad/good, black/white. They all live in the grey area. Having said that, Hawk and Tory seem flat out evil. It is really hard for me to sympathize with those two.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:31 am

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post So...attempted murder right?

It clearly wasn't self defense at that point. Miguel had basically tapped out and Robby kept going. If Robby goes to jail then so does the random Cobra Kai member that assaulted the teacher.

What an episode though! That was 15 minutes of battle royal. Do they all get suspended? Do they all go to jail? I think the 2 above should for sure.

If we see Miguel do any karate next season (which we will), I am going to have problems. Did they show his back and/or neck was broken? Ali is a surgeon though and she just accepted Johnny's request. She is going to come in and perform a miracle on Miguel.

I think season 3 will be Jonny and Daniel teaming up to take down Kreese. I was really hoping in the elevator they would say "we gotta stop this petty shit and work together to save these kids"

As I've said before, the show does a good job of showing characters aren't just bad/good, black/white. They all live in the grey area. Having said that, Hawk and Tory seem flat out evil. It is really hard for me to sympathize with those two.
Idk. Larusso can't do karate or he's going to lose his wife. Lots of those kids should be expelled, some in jail. But they'll do some 90s style camp rehabilitation or some sgit

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 30595
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby Tyler » Wed May 15, 2019 12:24 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Larusso can't do karate or he's going to lose his wife

Larusso gives his dojo to Johnny!
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Cobra Kai, a YouTube Red Original Series

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Larusso can't do karate or he's going to lose his wife

Larusso gives his dojo to Johnny!


"Sorry I broke your door and TV. Have my Dojo instead"

Return to “Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests