Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Netflix's The Rain

Discuss your favorite shows
purple_hayes

Netflix's The Rain

Postby purple_hayes » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st6r-8mLW_o

Originally a Danish show, where Netflix has dubbed the English, so its a bit like watching a Bruce Lee movie, so there's that. An interesting concept that has almost no basis in reality. A virus gets into the rain, which kills people caught in it almost instantly.

I watched the first two episdoes... I shouldn't have done that. The main protagonists are not very sympathetic. You want them dead the whole time. Spoilers coming... they are the cause for a pile up on the freeway and the death of their mom... within the first 5 min of the show. They are beyond stupid. After coming out of a bunker, where they have been for 6 years, neither one of them tries to start a car... nope, lets walk everywhere. Maybe someone else will find this show riveting, I did not. Not wasting my time on it.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Netflix's The Rain

Postby Tyler » Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am

I had no idea this was a subbed show when you were talking a out it either. I'm not cultured so that would have made it an instant no for me already
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Netflix's The Rain

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am

Martin is a little too critical, they explain that a lot of the electronic stuff stopped working prior and that all the vehicles were commandeered by a different group.

I like this show, but the dub makes it a bit hard. It's definitely not reinventing anything here, but I'm enjoying it. I have about an hour left on the show and I've enjoyed it.

It has some major problems for sure, but it's one of those don't think about it things.

Like 1) Rain is bad, if it touches you, or you step in a puddle, you're toast. But what about fog, mist, general water in the air? Would all kill you.
2) Plants like tomatoes which are largely water. It's not like they grow them with distilled water. How can they possible eat any vegetables?
purple_hayes

Netflix's The Rain

Postby purple_hayes » Fri May 18, 2018 9:57 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Martin is a little too critical, they explain that a lot of the electronic stuff stopped working prior and that all the vehicles were commandeered by a different group.

I like this show, but the dub makes it a bit hard. It's definitely not reinventing anything here, but I'm enjoying it. I have about an hour left on the show and I've enjoyed it.

It has some major problems for sure, but it's one of those don't think about it things.

Like 1) Rain is bad, if it touches you, or you step in a puddle, you're toast. But what about fog, mist, general water in the air? Would all kill you.
2) Plants like tomatoes which are largely water. It's not like they grow them with distilled water. How can they possible eat any vegetables?

How about the fact that people drive up, get killed, and the group keeps walking... they had a car!! If you can distill the water to be drank... wouldn't evaopration solve your virus problemin the rain? The show is dumb bro... you build a series of bunkers with ZERO to do... no TV, games, gaming sysetms, teaching system and supplies. The people would go ape shit from boredom.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Netflix's The Rain

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:59 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post How about the fact that people drive up, get killed, and the group keeps walking... they had a car!!

If you watched the rest, you'd learn that the cars are tracked.

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post The show is dumb bro... you build a series of bunkers with ZERO to do... no TV, games, gaming sysetms, teaching system and supplies. The people would go ape shit from boredom.

Lol, I suppose so.
purple_hayes

Netflix's The Rain

Postby purple_hayes » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post How about the fact that people drive up, get killed, and the group keeps walking... they had a car!!

If you watched the rest, you'd learn that the cars are tracked.

okay... see... they should have explained that sooner... just seems dumb. Other issue I had was the group was a bunch of cowards... the kids who killed their Mom and then the Army guy who was the cause for his whole group dying. Maybe I am being overly critical. I just have issues with a show where I have zero interest in the leads living or dying.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Netflix's The Rain

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Other issue I had was the group was a bunch of cowards... the kids who killed their Mom and then the Army guy who was the cause for his whole group dying

This is fair, some of them suck. They get better later for sure, but for awhile, its pretty ridiculous.
Tyler
Owner

Netflix's The Rain

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:44 am

Idk what to believe, my parents said last night they are watching it and really enjoy it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Netflix's The Rain

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Idk what to believe, my parents said last night they are watching it and really enjoy it.

I finished and liked it!

Return to “Shows”