Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Rose-Colored Glasses: Chloe Dykstra on her abusive relationship with Chris Hardwick

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Rose-Colored Glasses: Chloe Dykstra on her abusive relationship with Chris Hardwick

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:13 am

“The surgery went well, she’ll be fine,” said my doctor.
“Thank god,” said my mother.
“That’s great. When do you think I can have sex with her again?” said my ex.
It was his first question. My mother never forgot.

Link
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:05 am

I was going to ask if this was during his days on drugs/alcohol, but it looks like this was after he was already sober. Very disappointing.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Rose-Colored Glasses: Chloe Dykstra on her abusive relationship with Chris Hardwick

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

Bummer to read this. I use to be a huge Hardwick fan, would listen to multiple of his podcasts. I listened right around when he dated Chloe. They had an epiaode where they talked about the baby and the complications.

I wonder if he is going to lose any of his shows because of this. She didn't ever mention his name, but everyone knows who she is talking about. It's also just one person. Will be curious if he has a response to it.

Crazy he is almost 50! Also that she is younger than me.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 pm

I would never have guessed that he is that old either.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Rose-Colored Glasses: Chloe Dykstra on her abusive relationship with Chris Hardwick

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm

All mentions of Hardwick removed from Nerdist, the website he started.

“Chris Hardwick had no operational involvement with Nerdist for the two years preceding the expiration of his contract in December 2017,” it reads. “He no longer has any affiliation with Legendary Digital Networks. The company has removed all reference to Mr. Hardwick even as the original Founder of Nerdist pending further investigation.”
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:39 am

Hardwick denies the allegations. Chloe should have to provide evidence or else it is guilty until proven innocent

https://deadline.com/2018/06/chris-hard ... 202411897/
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:17 pm

I didn't realize Hardwick had his own talkshow on AMC that didn't have to do with TWD. Talking with Chris Hardwick. Seems like it was a video version of his podcast almost?

I think tonight was suppose to be season 2 premier and had Donglover on it

I'm with Blue Jackets. What Chloe said is pretty serious. I believe her, but evidence should be presented or it quickly turns to he said, she said.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:37 am

Chris Hardwick Will Return to 'Talking Dead' After AMC Investigation

Chloe never produced the evidence she claimed she had. Hardwick had these texts though. Hardwick's other exes spoke up and said what Chloe described never happened to them.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:15 am

Sorry Hardwick for assuming you were guilty when I first read the article. I believe AMC would have done pretty extensive research into Chloe's claims.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:20 am

I'm glad Hardwick isn't a scumbag. Or at least isn't a proven scumbag. Those texts really turn the tables and make it seem like she made it all up. The biggest question is, why?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'm glad Hardwick isn't a scumbag. Or at least isn't a proven scumbag. Those texts really turn the tables and make it seem like she made it all up. The biggest question is, why?

If she did make the whole thing up or exaggerated the events, then people will excuse/ignore any claim of sexual or mental abuse now. These people will point to this story and say, "She made it up, so all women must be making it up too."

This is could be a terrible step back for the feminist voice in the entertainment industry.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:02 am

Chris Hardwick accuser explains why she didn’t participate in investigation
“I have been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about. I could have provided more details, but chose not to,” she wrote in a lengthy statement shared on Twitter.

“I have said what I wanted to say on the matter, and I wish to move on with my life. For that reason, I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.”
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:53 am

Seems like this is a done deal. Hardwick as a guest judge is kind of a big deal.

Return to “Shows”