Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Righteous Gemstones - Danny McBride, John Goodman to Star in HBO Televangelist Comedy

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

The Righteous Gemstones - Danny McBride, John Goodman to Star in HBO Televangelist Comedy

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:26 am

McBride created, wrote and will direct the pilot 'The Righteous Gemstones,' marking his latest collaboration for the premium cable network.

McBride created the project and will pen the script, executive produce, direct and star in the story of a world-famous televangelist family with a long tradition of deviance, greed and charitable work, all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

John Goodman (Roseanne) will star as Eli Gemstone, the patriarch of the Gemstone family. The character is described as unbending and a force in the ministry game. He is known the world over for his aggressive salvation techniques, his global ministries and his award-winning weekly television program. His light is fading, but he takes no guff. He is obeyed, unquestioned.

McBride will portray Jesse Gemstone, the eldest son and heir to the throne. He walks in his father’s shadow while simultaneously blazing his own path. Like Eli, Jesse takes no shit and demands loyalty from those in his circle and surrounds himself by those that will follow him. Jesse fancies himself a maverick in the ministry game, taking what Eli has built and expanding it for a more modern audience.
wags83

Danny McBride, John Goodman to Star in HBO Televangelist Comedy

Postby wags83 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 am

Sounds funny, I'd watch.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:05 am

I'll watch. Danny McBride has a good track record with HBO stuff.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:48 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'll watch. Danny McBride has a good track record with HBO stuff.

Agreed. I'd watch based on his name alone
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 am

Return to “Shows”