Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Maniac | Netflix - Comedy - Jonah Hill, Billy Magnussem, Emma Stone,

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 am

An institutionalized man dreams of a new life in a fantasy world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6cDDmk-O5A
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:31 am

I wonder if this will be 30 or 60 minutes. That might be the deciding factor for me. Great cast has me interested.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 am

The 10 episodes are out now
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:40 am

Interesting. I thought this was a movie lol.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:05 pm

That thread really inspired me today. Got back to Black Mirror thanks to Danny and started Maniac with Jocelyn.

This show is going to be absolute bonkers. The world building of the first episode was so good. Really looking forward to see more of it.

If you can't afford to pay for something you can opt for an "ad buddy" ti cover for you. It is literally a service that pays for you and the provides a guy that follows you around for X amount of time and reads you tailor made ads. "You spent 87% of your income on your apartment, have you considered xyz"
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post That thread really inspired me today. Got back to Black Mirror thanks to Danny and started Maniac with Jocelyn.

This show is going to be absolute bonkers. The world building of the first episode was so good. Really looking forward to see more of it.

If you can't afford to pay for something you can opt for an "ad buddy" ti cover for you. It is literally a service that pays for you and the provides a guy that follows you around for X amount of time and reads you tailor made ads. "You spent 87% of your income on your apartment, have you considered xyz"

I really enjoyed it, but it's at the bottom of my list to watch for now.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm

We watched the pilot of this a few weeks ago. I'm eager to get back to it, but I could tell it is going to be too weird for Jocelyn. I'm letting her off the hook and I am going to watch this on my own as long as she watches Mrs. Maisel with me.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:10 am

The world of this show is so interesting. The pilot had Ad-Buddies, this episode had a friend-for-hire service. You pay a service to be your friend and you give them the backstory you want. Someone random shows up (you don't know what they look like) and you talk to them about the experience they read before. It's so sad.

Curious what is going on with her dad. Is he alive in that box or is the box an AI she calls her dad?

101 followed Jonah Hill and this episode was Emma Stone. We got our first taste of the experimental drug and it pulled out a real doosey of a memory in Annie. That was brutal.

Obviously now I know Annie was just playing along with Owen in the previous episode when she said she was sent there to save the world with him. I can't remember the full exchange, but in the pilot it seemed like she presented information only Owen had, but she must have heard it from him and was just feeding into it so he would leave her alone.

Surprise Justin Theroux being a hilarious idiot scientist in an educational video. I need to find the clip of him trying to put a pin in his pocket and failing.
https://imgur.com/F0SKazY
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:35 am

This show keeps getting weirder and weirder, but I am really enjoying it. I think things are about to get really crazy and the first 3 episodes were more or less set up. Excited to continue this.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Finished the 10th episode tonight. I enjoyed the series a lot. It got weird and slow at times, but I dug it all. Jonah Hill and Emma Stone doing some interesting stuff for sure.

I'm not going to put it at the top of my recommend list, because it's probably too weird for most, but I am glad I made time for it.

Return to “Shows”