Re: American Vandal - s02

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:35 am

Hype!! I'm more excited about this than almost all returning shows in 2018
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

American Vandal - s02

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 am

‘American Vandal’ Season 2 Review: Sweeter, Sadder and Full of Crap
Last year’s breakout Netflix mockumentary series returns with a poop-tastic new premise and an added helping of insight into the life of today’s teenagers
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

American Vandal - s02

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 am

Out now
Tyler
Owner

American Vandal - s02

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 am

Awesome. I wanted to watch a movie tonight, but I could be talked into this instead.
Tyler
Owner

American Vandal - s02

Postby Tyler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 am

We watched two over the weekend. I am of course loving the show already, but it is very different than s01. Dylan was hilarious in s01, he was so silly and dumb, almost anything out of his mouth made you laugh. s02 does not have a character like that. In fact, there aren't nearly as many funny moments at all and I'm okay with that. There is overall humor because of the outrageous crimes and the reactions to those, but you will not laugh as hard as you did in s01. S02 somehow takes itself even more serious than s01 did, which is where the comedy comes from.
UPDATE: As I am typing the episode beats I am laughing. This show is funny, dont get me wrong.

-It was so gross. I loved it.
-Really like how it went super meta and they talked about Netflix picking up the show and its how they can afford better equipment, recreations, etc. Great callback to the incident on the dock, hilarious.

-Show is obviously having Kevin pull a Brendan Dassey from Making a Murderer. Even the fact they have no lawyer or parent there. The show is actually making an important point, while still being silly
-Hilarious when they ask Kevin how he got poop into the pinata and cannon, he just squats over them
-Of course Kevin didn't do it, that would be a boring season.
Tyler
Owner

American Vandal - s02

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 am

-DeMarcus is hilarious. The humor of the show has tripled since adding him into the rotation. I love how unintentionally(?) condescending he is with everyone. No one calls him out on it either, they love him for it.
-"I look down at those people with love"
-"You gotta respect Big Head Ed. That boy head big as shit"
-"Happy birthday, hopefully someday you can make chicken nuggets as good as your dad"
-Kevin not being able to name another poet than Dr. Suess was great, shows off how he is just pretending to be smart
-I don't think DeMarcus did it, but I could totally see his wingman being guilty. Maybe tried of DeMarcus getting all the attention and he would have had the same access as DeMarcus I assume.

-Love that the iPhone glitch is such a big deal to the case. I remember the internet freaking out about that last year.
-Periods after emojis. That's serial killer level weird
-I feel like they dismissed the 3 new suspects rather quickly. I trust none of the teachers acting as alibis. Seems like some of the teachers will say anything to be on camera.
-A FOURTH CRIME!!
Tyler
Owner

Re: American Vandal - s02

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Didn't want to watch a 2 hour movie tonight because it was too long, ended up watching 2 hours of AV instead and finishing it all.

The season was great. Lots of twists and fake outs. We were so sucked into the mystery we couldn't stop watching tonight and it didn't matter that the comedy basically stopped after 204. Highly recommend the whole thing.

Return to “Shows”