Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Discuss your favorite shows
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:37 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post My big complaint there is 90% of people would hate him. When a new Bond or Batman is cast for a movie people freak out. If a real person took over for a real person people would burn him at the stake.

Lol, this is exactly what I was thinking when watching. The fact that the whole crowd was cheering for and loving him was the most unrealistic part of any MCU property.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:41 am

I know I hate him.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:43 am

After episode 1, I had looked up who the new Captain America was and the article talked about this guy's storyline in the comics and made it seem like he was closer to a bad guy than a good guy. So far in the series he seems to lean more good guy, so will be interesting to see if that changes at all.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:31 am

Yes, makes him seem to be a real true patriot. Not sure if the boy swill dislike him for using a gun? Steve used a gun in WWII though when he was Captain

wags83 wrote:Source of the post The fact that the whole crowd was cheering for and loving him was the most unrealistic part of any MCU property.

It was at his old HS with people from his town, so I can maybe buy it that they would be a fan of him. But the population as a whole would not be.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:41 am

Dude couldn't be bothered to watch the MCU after he was cast?
Wyatt Russell Requested Chris Evans' Captain America Costume for 'Falcon and The Winter Soldier'
"I requested Chris Evans' old suit so I could feel like I was doing a good job since he did such a great job," Russell said. "And they gave me a new one."

Although he's the son of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 star Kurt Russell, the new Cap actor admitted he did not know much about the Marvel Cinematic Universe when he was cast in the role and tried to learn a lot quickly before a co-worker shut him down.

"So when I came on set, I was like, 'What does that mean? Who's that person? How do they fit in?' And finally, Sebastian [Stan] was like, 'Dude, stop asking questions. You're going to get more confused. If you get answers, it's going to be worse,'" Russell said.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:37 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Dude couldn't be bothered to watch the MCU after he was cast?

Lol no kidding.

I rewatched both episodes. I have really liked it and want to finish the series with Jocelyn, so I said I would rewatch them last night if she wanted to.

I laughed when Jocelyn also made a comment about "my shift ends at 10 if you want to go on a date then".
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:31 pm

ep3

I am liking the show, but I have almost no idea what is going on with the Flagsmashers. What is their motive? They liked the world back when 50% of the world was blipped because everyone had a bigger piece of the pie and the world got along better...but what are they doing?

Also, completely forgot about Sharon. I just remember her as Steve's undercover neighbor and that's it.
goldenrod

Postby goldenrod » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:47 pm

Tyler wrote:ep3

I am liking the show, but I have almost no idea what is going on with the Flagsmashers. What is their motive? They liked the world back when 50% of the world was blipped because everyone had a bigger piece of the pie and the world got along better...but what are they doing?

Also, completely forgot about Sharon. I just remember her as Steve's undercover neighbor and that's it.
You should watch marvel studios legends on disney plus. Before every new marvel series comes out they have had short little 10 min clips of the the main characters that will be in the series to refresh your memory of them. They had one on Sharon Carter and I really enjoyed the Zemo one since I forgot some of the things he did.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:21 pm

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post You should watch marvel studios legends on disney plus. Before every new marvel series comes out they have had short little 10 min clips of the the main characters that will be in the series to refresh your memory of them. They had one on Sharon Carter and I really enjoyed the Zemo one since I forgot some of the things he did.

Oh duh. I feel silly for not checking that out already. Thanks! We will watch them before the next episode.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:39 pm

Watched the Sharon and Zemo ones. Completely forgot his original motives from Avengers 2

Return to “Shows”