Owner

Escape at Dannemora on showtime

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 am

Reminder to look this up
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 am

I watched this over break. Only 7 episodes. I thought it was all good.

An employee at a prison in upstate New York becomes romantically involved with a pair of inmates and helps them escape.
Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 am

Bodyguard
True Detective
and then this?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Escape at Dannemora on showtime

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:29 am

Jocelyn and I watched the pilot last night. We are hooked

Patricia Arquette looks awful in this. Kudos to hair and makeup.
Paul Dano doesn't even look nerdy!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:44 am

We got back this last night. Finished the 3rd episode. I can't believe how dumb some people will act when given some attention from others.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We got back this last night. Finished the 3rd episode. I can't believe how dumb some people will act when given some attention from others.

Hey, I finished the third! Tilly loves the D. She is very easily manipulated, but also aggitated almost 100% of the time when talking to coworkers. This show is crazy. If it actually takes them 5 years to dig out using a sledge hammer, they are going to be jacked.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:18 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post This show is crazy. If it actually takes them 5 years to dig out using a sledge hammer, they are going to be jacked.

Yeah, no way it takes 5 years if they are going out every night? Why did Dano's character do all the work up until the final wall? That didn't seem fair.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post This show is crazy. If it actually takes them 5 years to dig out using a sledge hammer, they are going to be jacked.

Yeah, no way it takes 5 years if they are going out every night? Why did Dano's character do all the work up until the final wall? That didn't seem fair.

Del toro was tired! He spent all day giving the finger guns to Tilly.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Del toro was tired! He spent all day giving the finger guns to Tilly.

Lol. True. I'm confused by how much time passed over this episode. Like did they saw through the walls the day they got the saw blades? It can't take that long to paint a cell. I would have assumed it was weeks to break though all of the little walls, but maybe it was just a couple?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post . Like did they saw through the walls the day they got the saw blades?

The sawing of the wall seemed like a couple days max.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I would have assumed it was weeks to break though all of the little walls, but maybe it was just a couple?

I think there was only a few walls and each one seemed to give pretty easy as it was just a single brick layer. I took this as like 3 days.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:36 am

Fair Fair. I think each episode is actually a month. I think they we've seen January, February, March.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 am

The most impressive thing to me is them climbing back up to the third floor back to their cells and sealing up the vents every night. That would be annoying.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:52 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post sealing up the vents every night. That would be annoying.

Really smart to also paint the tape green every time.

Also, the security here is HORRIBLE. Tilly can bring in raw hamburger, not have it checked, and then have it hand delivered to an inmate. What? I was excited to see how she could plausibly get it to him, but all it took was "this hamburger is a gift, please give it to him"
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:54 am

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post sealing up the vents every night. That would be annoying.

Really smart to also paint the tape green every time.

Also, the security here is HORRIBLE. Tilly can bring in raw hamburger, not have it checked, and then have it hand delivered to an inmate. What? I was excited to see how she could plausibly get it to him, but all it took was "this hamburger is a gift, please give it to him"
That guard is going to get nailed to a wall. They do too good of a job pointing out things that should be subtle like oh hey, you don't have enough money. Put it on the card. You know, the trackable card to prove you did it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post They do too good of a job pointing out things that should be subtle like oh hey, you don't have enough money. Put it on the card. You know, the trackable card to prove you did it

But she had the clerk throw away the receipt! No paper trail baby!! /s
And also be very rude so the clerk remembers you instead of just being a normal customer.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post They do too good of a job pointing out things that should be subtle like oh hey, you don't have enough money. Put it on the card. You know, the trackable card to prove you did it

But she had the clerk throw away the receipt! No paper trail baby!! /s
And also be very rude so the clerk remembers you instead of just being a normal customer.
Just ring it up!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:40 am

Part 4
Tilly is just the worst. Lyle reserved THE MAYOR'S TABLE and she didn't even show up for their anniversary date. He's a simple man, but he notices things his wife likes and tries to give her that. She orders a margarita, he tries to make one for her. She mentioned she likes Chains by Nick Jonas, he has it playing at dinner. Matt really should have told Tilly than he told Lyle the painting was meant for Lyle as an anniversary gift.

I'm not really claustrophobic, but when Sweat started having his panic attack in the pipe that was setting me off. That would have been brutal to cut from the inside out.

IRL Matt only went down twice to help/check on Sweat's progress. Otherwise Sweat did all of the manual labor.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Escape at Dannemora on showtime

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:40 pm

Really liked the cold open of 5 with Sweat running through the path like it was an obstacle course and he was going for a good time. It wasn't, but it gave the illusion of a single take.

The escape happened! Can't believe Tilly grew a conscious and isn't as horrible as I thought she would.

I'm rooting for Matt and Sweat now, that is probably why the next episode will be a flashback to show me why they are horrible people who ended up in prison
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:43 am

Watched the penultimate episode last night. Wilkins let me know ahead of time it was a backstory episode and probably could have been skipped. Jocelyn probably wishes we skipped it because she didn't like the death/torture stuff.

Summary for anyone that is going to watch the show and wants to skip the episode.
2005 - 15 minutes of following around a random cop during his night shift. You are just waiting for something bad to happen after he does a half dozen routine things. Eventually approaches 2 suspicious cars and gets shot at without warning. Sweat runs him over twice with a car. Sweat's friends shoot the cop point blank to end him. Not sure if Sweat shot him ever
1997 - Matt does drugs, tortures an old man, and eventually kills him. Goes back to the body and cuts it into pieces with a hacksaw. Origins of his nickname.
1996 - Tilly is working at a sewing company and is married to someone who isn't Lyle. Lyle works with her and they are having an affair. Husband finds out and Tilly/Lyle form a plan to get him out of the picture. Ends with Tilly being with Lyle and lying to her kid about his dad no longer wanting him. Heart breaking stuff.

Whole point of the episode is to show all 3 of these people suck and you should not be rooting for them going into the hour-forty finale.

Return to “Shows”