Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Outsider - HBO - horror - Ben Mendelsohn, Jason Bateman, Mare Winningham, Bill Camp and Cynthia Erivo.

Discuss your favorite shows
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

The Outsider - HBO - horror - Ben Mendelsohn, Jason Bateman, Mare Winningham, Bill Camp and Cynthia Erivo.

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Interesting... well I'm a sucker for anything labeled "incredibly scary" even though it rarely is.
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Based on the trailer I think I will be able to convince my wife to watch this with me. Also I agree it does not look that scary. It looks good though.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:26 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Interesting... well I'm a sucker for anything labeled "incredibly scary" even though it rarely is.

I wanted to see this until I saw it was labeled that! I gotta support HBO though, so I will watch.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:29 am

Starts Sunday. Two episode premiere
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Starts Sunday. Two episode premiere

Keep us posted. I've read less than glowing things for the first 2 episodes, but it's HBO so it has to be good, right?!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:31 pm

You had me at 'HBO Horror'
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Outsider - HBO - horror - Ben Mendelsohn, Jason Bateman, Mare Winningham, Bill Camp and Cynthia Erivo.

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Danny didn't survive the premier. Too spooky I bet.
Corey
Site Admin

Re: RE: Re: The Outsider - HBO - horror - Ben Mendelsohn, Jason Bateman, Mare Winningham, Bill Camp and Cynthia Erivo.

Postby Corey » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:25 pm

Tyler wrote:Danny didn't survive the premier. Too spooky I bet.
I watched the first episode and like it so far. Not horror in any way so far though.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 pm

No horror yet. I suppose the horror could be a family losing their child in a horrific manner, the biggest suspect being a well-known and respected community member.
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 am

Starting to get supernatural towards the end of the second episode.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Now it's starting to get more supernatural.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:44 pm

This show reminds me a lot of 'The Night Of', at least for the first couple of episodes, and then it goes towards a more castle rock realm. It's supernatural, but so far everything is very well grounded in realism.

I left early yesterday and Janelle was sick, so we watched the first three episodes back to back and really enjoyed it. I love the characters in this, and the characters themselves seem to have quite a bit of depth to them. I wish that
► Show Spoiler
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:38 am

Characters are starting to work in different directions based on the same clue.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Getting spooky. I'm confused by the "laws" regarding it.
► Show Spoiler

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:49 pm

I've been really enjoying this, and honestly I think It's my only real weekly show right now. B99 is in there too, but we aren't watching much.

This show is really well done, and the sense of dread on it has been good. The whole lack of believability from the main character gets a little tedious at times, but based on how this last episode ended, it's going to spiral into crazyville here. 2 episodes left!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 am

I want to watch this, but now I feel I'm too late to the game.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:51 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I want to watch this, but now I feel I'm too late to the game.

Nope, just in time. Fleabag > Expanse > The Outsider is the correct order of tv shows im told.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:41 pm

I don't know if this is a must watch. If you're in for a crime drama with supernatural elements, sure I would recommend it. Nothing terribly scary as of yet. Like Wilkins said a decent sense of dread.

Return to “Shows”