Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Love is Blind - Netflix dating show

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:18 am

Some of our wives are watching this. I am not with Jocelyn, but she brought up a good point. The whole point of the show is to marry someone in a matter of days without ever seeing them. Wouldn't the show be more interesting if people weren't all extremely good looking? That could be said about all dating shows, but this show especially since it is suppose to be about personality and not looks.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:40 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Wouldn't the show be more interesting if people weren't all extremely good looking?

My assumption was that it would be like this, but then I saw a bit of it when Erin was watching last night and they were both good enough looking that attraction wouldn't be an issue. It was funny to see the guy say "no" at the alter of their wedding. That's the extent of what I saw though. Sorry for the spoiler.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Sarah watched all of this and I watched his and pieces of a couple episodes. We brought up the attractiveness factor also.

Sarah had a fun fact she learned about the show. Apparently there were 30 people (15 possible couples) and they anticipated 2 would make it to the wedding. They prepared to film 5 just in case. 8 couples ended up being formed and the producers just told 3 of them good luck and be on their way. I believe Sarah said 2 or 3 of the couples are still married.

Also I think she told me they couldn't break up after a certain point until at the wedding.

I don't enjoy having to listen to the synopsis of these shows but she watches ALL of them

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:45 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Sarah had a fun fact she learned about the show. Apparently there were 30 people (15 possible couples) and they anticipated 2 would make it to the wedding. They prepared to film 5 just in case. 8 couples ended up being formed and the producers just told 3 of them good luck and be on their way. I believe Sarah said 2 or 3 of the couples are still married.

Producers: No way more than like 10 people would agree to get married after talking to someone on the phone after 5 days.
Contestants: hold my beer

Did they "win" anything other than their soulmate?

Return to “Shows”