Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Shameless

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: Shameless

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Fiona takes Debbie to get on the pill. Fiona talks to Vee about Debbie having sex. Fiona freaks out when she catches Debbie having sex. Wut?

Monica's boyfriend is from Justified. Just saying
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Sunday's episode was the season finale. I got that vibe from it but I wasn't for sure. Debbie better not be pregnant. Lip's Asian ex-girlfriend thing is going to mess up things with the teacher for sure.
awright

Postby awright » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Surprisingly anti-climactic aside from Debbie potentially being pregnant. Even then, the news was softened by her saying she was in the long scene within the episode. Everyone else kind of reset their stories a bit...Kev and V are back together, Ian is home (even though Mickey could be dead--didn't seem like a serious gun chase though, more for laughs), Fiona is done with her husband, Frank is home, etc.

The "post-credits" scene where Ian and Lip are smoking and Frank stops for a drag was the best scene of the season. Something about no matter what happens to each of them, they're always family. I liked all three characters a lot in the moment.
JocelynJane

Shameless

Postby JocelynJane » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:34 pm

You guys, I'm really done with the Fiona storyline. I'm over her finding a great guy and then banging someone else so she can mess it up. We get it, you are a perpetual screw up. You can't commit. You hurt everyone you cross paths with. Any other dimension of your character that you wish to explore?

Lip is by far my favorite character and I eat up every scene he is in despite how stupid it might be. Debbie being pregnant could be very interesting, although I have a feeling it won't completely come to fruition. Everything else was, like you said, fairly anti-climatic.
Last edited by JocelynJane on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awright

Postby awright » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm

JocelynJane wrote:You guys, I'm really done with the Fiona storyline. I'm over her finding a great guy and then banging someone else so she can mess it up. We get it, you are a perpetual screw up. You can't commit. You hurt everyone you cross paths with. Anything other dimension of your character that you wish to explore?

So tired of her character. They really need to find another route for her character to explore. What was the point of Jimmy coming back this season!? I'll tell you, there wasn't any. I feel like that was a card up their sleeve they could of used later if they were desperate for a story...think he would have worked better in a different situation once they figured out Fiona's direction
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Agree with both of you. Fiona never learns. Her story is the entire story of Californication and we had to quit that because it got so old.

Also, no juvey looks like a maximum security prison
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:59 pm

The timeline of this episode didn't make any sense. Carl was in juvy for months and Debbie only went through a few weeks of early pregnancy? I can look past that because I am excited the show is back. A plot point I am not looking forward to... Fiona and her boss hitting it off and then her messing it up. She is toxic, we get it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:48 pm

She is the worst now. Bring jimmy back
awright

Postby awright » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:00 am

What will the main story lines be this season?

I don't have any doubts it will be interesting but it's hard to be excited about Debbie and Fiona's direction, as you said, and they've addressed Ian's bipolar, Kev & V's babies, and Lip's college fling already.

Was excited Lip decided to teach the class when his professor showed up late. So was he on something or is he just too old to drive?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:07 am

I thought Lip and his teacher with benefits were discussing how he is always drunk and even comes to work drunk in the morning.

Carl might finally have an interesting story this season. He has always been in the way background and nothing he did usually impacted the family.

I guess the neighborhood being taken over is going to continue from last season? There was a plot point last year that they tried stopping it, maybe this season they will embrace it? Example: the bar taking advantage of the hipsters.

It seemed like Frank's arc this season would be to find religion, but in a quick montage they showed that didn't work after he tried out a half dozen of them.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 pm

This show is beyond believable at times. Carl selling guns in the school bathroom? No way, but entertaining so I'll allow it.

Did Frank really kill that lady?

What is Fiona going to do?! Seemed like she wanted to go to the clinic herself.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Carl's story is sooooo dumb. Not believable at all.
I am also so tired of Ian.
F-word Fiona. amirite?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:09 am

I don't even keep up when it comes out. Maybe I'll watch sunday
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:07 pm

They are freaking out that they didn't buy the house back, but the auction immediately before theirs sold for less than $100k. Why can't they just buy a different crappy house?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:00 pm

They were pre approved. They still can
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Also, shut up Carl and shut up Debbie and shut up ginger kid
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:43 am

Also I hate everything about Fiona. I think I only watch this show for lip
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:49 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Also I hate everything about Fiona. I think I only watch this show for lip

Totally agree. We do not enjoy this show nearly as much as we did. We both still love Lip, but all the other story lines are horrible.

Carl needs to get knocked out. That story line has passed from funny, to unlikely, to insulting. His buddy should not allow Carl to talk about oppression like he experienced it.

Fiona is just as bi-polar as Ian. She is all over the place and constantly changes her mind on everything. She will ruin her relationship by the end of the season.

Debbie. Dumb. Enough said.

Gay police squads and a gay fire house? No? I don't think that is how those things work. I will rewatch Chuck and Larry for confirmation.

Frank's story is actually entertaining this year. I like how he is helping people, but at the same time he is doing it for selfish reasons.

Kev and Vee are still fun to watch, but the refugee story is weird. The only reason that happened is so that Fiona and the kids couldn't move in with them and have that issue resolved easily.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:47 am

Carl's brotha' killing that kid with a hammer is one of the darkest things on the show that I can remember. It seems like this will "fix" Carl though?

Half surprised Fiona went through with the abortion. She will for sure regret it when she sees how happy Debbie is being a mom.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:25 am

It's not a thing to have a guy live in a sorority house as their maid. Also, why does every girl every want to boink him instantly?

How does Carl have hundreds of thousands of dollars? Nothing they have shown us on screen can explain that.

Return to “Shows”