Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Taskmaster

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:05 pm

UK reality panel comedy show. 5 guest comedians are asked to do random tasks that can be somewhat open for interpretation and then scored.

The two things that make the show
1) The tasks are completely random. One they were in a tent with a yoga ball and had to paint it green but not make a mess. The rules stated the ball couldn't leave the tent, but not that you couldn't, so half the people walked out of the tent and found cleaning supplies and just cleaned up after they paint.
2) British humor like is kind of foreign to me, so it's fun watching how they can be mean to each other but everyone is in on the joke. Like no one is competitive at all like they would be in tbe US.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:02 am

I think the only prize of the show is bragging rights, that's an important factor keeping the competition light hearted. It is the same 5 comedians all season long as well.

Since they are British comedians, you probably don't know any of them
wags83

Taskmaster

Postby wags83 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:48 pm

I heard of this show but had no real idea what it was about. Sounds interesting.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post 2) British humor like is kind of foreign to me, so it's fun watching how they can be mean to each other but everyone is in on the joke. Like no one is competitive at all like they would be in tbe US.

Erin has been watching the Great British Baking Show and I've seen a few episodes with her too. This is the exact same energy of that show. Everyone is so friendly and nice with one another rather than being competitive dicks.
Tyler
Owner

Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:26 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Everyone is so friendly and nice with one another rather than being competitive dicks.

People are dicks to each other in this show for sure lol, but no one is overly competitive.
Tyler
Owner

Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:49 am

We finished the most recent season and are working our way backwards now. We forced the inlaws to watch an episode with us because describing the show doesn't do it justice.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:13 pm

It makes me sad that Wilkins was so turned off by the British banter that he hasn't gotten far enough into the show to see a task.

We are going to be depressed when we get through the backlog of episodes. Luckily there are a lot. We watch an episode of this multiple times a week. We love it still.
Tyler
Owner

Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:26 am

s10 was one of our favorites. I recommend it to anyone who wants to laugh at lot.
Tyler
Owner

Taskmaster

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 am

The single greatest task of the show. "do the best thing with a cement mixer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LgxB7AC90

Return to “Shows”