Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Arrested Development

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Arrested Development

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm

We mentioned this in the other netflix thread but I thought I would post more info here.

"Arrested Development" fans rejoice -- there's more of the Bluths to come. Netflix confirmed today that 14 all-new episodes will air on the video-streaming site this coming May.

Rumors have floated that the show's creator, Mitchell Hurwitz, has been working on a feature-length film of the TV show. And, reportedly, Netflix's 14-episode debut is the wind-up to a movie. According to The Verge, Hurwitz said the new episodes are a "first act to what we eventually want to do, which is a big movie."
Jason Bateman, who plays the show's protagonist, said that the new episodes are "not Season 4," but rather should be treated as individual stand-alone shows, according to The Verge. Each episode is said to be a different length and have different characters -- only Bateman's character will appear in every episode.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575631 ... es-in-may/

Thoughts on this?
fetyle07

Re: Arrested Development

Postby fetyle07 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Not a fan at first glance. Jason Bateman was the most important character...but also the least funny. The show relied on the chemistry of all the characters to make it what it was. Now, they're not going to have all of those same characters in each episode?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 pm

fetyle07 wrote:Not a fan at first glance. Jason Bateman was the most important character...but also the least funny. The show relied on the chemistry of all the characters to make it what it was. Now, they're not going to have all of those same characters in each episode?

I agree, and I don't like that they are stand alone episodes. This show was so funny because it relied heavily on running jokes. It won't work the same without the continuity.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 pm

I'll definitely watch but I agree with what you guys have said. It's pretty much just gonna be based on "Arrested Development," not gonna be the same show at all.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:24 am

Looks like there may be a fifth season consisting of 17 episodes.

Mentioned at 24:30 in the video.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/7/836425 ... ian-grazer
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:31 am

That's sweet. I loved the show but I still haven't watched the Netflix episodes. I am a bad fan.

The in-laws just started watching this on Sunday from episode 1. They are liking it so far they said.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:08 pm

The Netflix season wasn't their best season. It has enough intertwining and foreshadowing that people love about arrested development but doesn't have the group mentality of the whole family
Tyler
Owner

Arrested Development

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:56 pm

I still havent watched the Netflix stuff... I would want to rewatch it all before I did that
Tyler
Owner

Arrested Development

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am

Woah....I really need to watch the Netflix season, but probably rewatch them all before that.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Arrested Development

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 am

Arrested Development's Surprising Season 5 Premise/Format Revealed — It's Going to Be Part Prequel.

Although Netflix declined to confirm/comment, TVLine has learned exclusively that Arrested Development‘s long-gestating fifth season will likely have a major prequel element, with potentially half of the action unfolding in flashbacks featuring much younger versions of all the principal characters (played by different actors).

The move, which an insider notes isn’t entirely set in stone, would go a long way in clearing Season 5’s major scheduling hurdle (i.e. corralling the insanely busy cast at the same time) without having to resort to Season 4’s polarizing standalone-character format. “More of the episodes can now include all of the original cast together, with lots of big group family scenes,” says a source.
Tyler
Owner

Arrested Development

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 10:52 am

I know there is so much good TV on, but I have been thinking about starting this over as my "I have nothing else on the DVR and 22 minutes to kill". I'm ready to call Silicon Valley the best 30 minute comedy of all time, but I think AD could give it run for its money. The reasons I like these shows so much is because of the season/series arc and returning jokes.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Arrested Development

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 am

TheJose1972

Arrested Development

Postby TheJose1972 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:20 am

I see this on Netflix but have not watched it yet. I may one day, just have to much to watch already.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

Arrested Development

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:09 pm

TheJose1972 wrote:Source of the post I see this on Netflix but have not watched it yet. I may one day, just have to much to watch already.

Do it! It's hilarious and at only 22 minutes or whatever it's very easy to watch.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Arrested Development

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:29 am

‘Arrested Development’ cast ‘stands behind’ Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross says

For those that didn't catch the Tambor stuff, here is summary from Reddit:
Tambor was accused of sexual harassment (I believe it was inappropriate comments and attempted unwarranted kissing) by some cast members from Trans-Parent. The timeline of the fallout afterwards went something like this: Amazon started an investigation, Tambor left, Amazon, after a month of investigation, fired Tambor from the set

Return to “Shows”