Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Ready Player One

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Ready Player One

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:05 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Audible sounds like such a ripoff. $15/month for one book (maybe 2?).

Yeah, I would imagine you can just buy an audio book for that price
CrckrJack

Ready Player One

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:24 am

This book was... disappointing. The contest plotline was awesome, very fun. The side plots were awful (love life). The tangents that the author went on were very long and quite boring, imo. Also Wil Wheaton's reading was very dull.

Just my opinion. Would still recommend the book because the contest is very fun, but I think most people will find themselves cringing at quite a few points.
Tyler
Owner

Ready Player One

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:06 pm

I thought the book was fun while reading, but looking back on it I share some of your criticisms. I think listening to it vs reading it yourself would highlight the cheesiness
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Ready Player One

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:07 pm

I can't stand his voice. I'm going to bail and read it instead.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Ready Player One

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:01 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post This book was... disappointing. The contest plotline was awesome, very fun. The side plots were awful (love life). The tangents that the author went on were very long and quite boring, imo. Also Wil Wheaton's reading was very dull.

Just my opinion. Would still recommend the book because the contest is very fun, but I think most people will find themselves cringing at quite a few points.

I wouldn't bother with his second book then. Ready Player One is much more fun than Armada.
CrckrJack

Ready Player One

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:25 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post This book was... disappointing. The contest plotline was awesome, very fun. The side plots were awful (love life). The tangents that the author went on were very long and quite boring, imo. Also Wil Wheaton's reading was very dull.

I wouldn't bother with his second book then. Ready Player One is much more fun than Armada.

That is what I read on amazon as well.
Tyler
Owner

Ready Player One

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:57 am

IIRC that seems to be close to what the book was, but it may have been closer to 75% in VR
Blue Jackets

Ready Player One

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 am

Ready Player One's villian, Nolan Sorrento played by Ben Mendelsohn, will not be faithful to the book.
“I’m not trying to be faithful to the book Sorrento at all. So, anyone that’s coming at it wanting a faithful re-creation or transposing of the written Sorrento is not gonna get it. I would rarely do that because my feeling about written literature characters is you don’t get to better them. My basic preference is to just try and wipe that slate, and to try and do it in context of what is going on around the film. I treat them as very different entities in that way.”
Tyler
Owner

Ready Player One

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:06 pm

A lot of easter eggs for book readers in this first image.

Tyler
Owner

Ready Player One

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Blue Jackets

Ready Player One

Postby Blue Jackets » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:33 am

The "Ready Player One" (2018) logo is a maze leading to an easter egg. The movie is about a kid trying to find an easter egg in a massive, online, VR video game.

Return to “Movies”