Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Ryan Reynolds to Produce Horror Film ‘The Patient Who Nearly Drove Me Out of Medicine’, Based on a Story in /r/NoSleep

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Ryan Reynolds to Produce Horror Film ‘The Patient Who Nearly Drove Me Out of Medicine’, Based on a Story in /r/NoSleep

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 am

Is the NoSleep subreddit also tied to the podcast? Or did one spawn the other, but not related.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Is the NoSleep subreddit also tied to the podcast? Or did one spawn the other, but not related.

In the spring of 2010, a new forum appeared on Reddit.com. It was called “Nosleep” and the concept of this forum (or “subreddit”) was to be a place for people to post original scary stories about frightening experiences. It was an online version of telling spooky stories around the campfire.

A year later, as Nosleep was growing at a rapid pace, one member named Matt Hansen proposed the idea of doing a podcast where some of the top stories from Nosleep would be narrated in audiobook style.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Is the NoSleep subreddit also tied to the podcast? Or did one spawn the other, but not related.

In the spring of 2010, a new forum appeared on Reddit.com. It was called “Nosleep” and the concept of this forum (or “subreddit”) was to be a place for people to post original scary stories about frightening experiences. It was an online version of telling spooky stories around the campfire.

A year later, as Nosleep was growing at a rapid pace, one member named Matt Hansen proposed the idea of doing a podcast where some of the top stories from Nosleep would be narrated in audiobook style.

Interesting. I listen to the NoSleep podcast every week now (some of them are very long), and I like the stories. I knew some of them probably came from Nosleep, but its weird that they have enough content to do 3-4 stories every week.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I listen to the NoSleep podcast every week now

You'll have to see if they do a reading of the post being made into the movie.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 am

The nosleep podcast draws from a few different sources but it started from the subreddit.

Return to “Movies”