Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Star Trek

Discuss your favorite movies
awright

Re: Star Trek

Postby awright » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am

Tyler wrote:
awright wrote:
Whoah whoah whoah not so fast! I hope you're kidding lol I'm a fan of more movies but for one story? Cut it for theatres and release an extended edition. No one would be interested in a continuation. Peter Jackson has already gotten a ton of flack or the hobbit for instance....some things are best left shorter, and, yes, done worse. We are watching movies, not mini-series

Peter Jackson more or less did a 1 to 1 for LotR books, but he made the Hobbit into 3 movies. That's excessive

Exactly. Where do you draw the line? Something has to be compromised nowadays or we are going to be waiting on titles too long
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:06 am

I'm fine with The Hobbit being split up because each movie will have its own plot and challenges to overcome. Thats why Star Trek 2-4 worked as a trilogy. But trying to stretch a Khan storyline over multiple films would be too much.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:37 pm

I just felt like they put way too much into the movie to make the story work. I didn't like the 20 minute battle with the klingons for it to not even be a point. The way they worked the Kahn story they could have made that whole first half of the movie as a build up to the discovery of him as Kahn and his motives to kill. I would have been satisfied with that since the movie had 3 different villains taking the focus off Kahn.

Return to “Movies”