Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Grumpy Cat: The Movie

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Grumpy Cat: The Movie

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:20 pm

please no.

Grumpy Cat, the Internet feline celebrity known for her disdainful expression, has a movie deal.

Broken Road Productions, the company behind “Paul Blart Mall Cop” and “Jack and Jill,” has optioned the rights to make a film based on Grumpy Cat’s persona.

Grumpy Cat will speak in the film, a la the 2004 live action Garfield movie.

A mixed breed owned by Arizona resident Tabatha Bundesen, Grumpy Cat’s real name is Tardar Sauce (yes, that’s how it’s spelled). The dour-faced kitty first found acclaim after a family member posted a picture of her on Reddit last fall, prompting users to photoshop captions such as, “I am disappointed by your lack of sales” and “I hope all of your 2013 dreams end up shattering like glass on the rocks of reality.”

Grumpy Cat’s subsequent rise has been nothing short of meteoric. In March she appeared on “Good Morning America,” on the Friskies game show, “Will Kitty Play With It?” and at the South by Southwest Interactive convention in Austin, Texas, where fans lined up to take a photo with the famous feline.

She also has a forthcoming book, “Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book: Disgruntled Tips and Activities Designed to Put a Frown on Your Face,” from Chronicle Books, a 2014 calendar and T-shirts for sale.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Re: Grumpy Cat: The Movie

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:12 pm

I hate the internet
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm

DannyFanny wrote:I hate the internet

Werd
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 pm

go home internet you're drunk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:15 pm

I have no idea how this will work, well I guess it isn't going to work so nevermind
megatron

Postby megatron » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Tyler wrote:please no.

Grumpy Cat, the Internet feline celebrity known for her disdainful expression, has a movie deal.

Broken Road Productions, the company behind “Paul Blart Mall Cop” and “Jack and Jill,” has optioned the rights to make a film based on Grumpy Cat’s persona.

How do they have any money to make more terrible movies?!?!

Return to “Movies”