Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Movie Rentals

Discuss your favorite movies
awright

Movie Rentals

Postby awright » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 am

I'm just curious to know, how many people here use video rental places on a consistent basis? I know there are alternative ways to watch movies these days but how often do you utilize rental stores or redbox? I just signed up for a Family Video account the other day and was shocked at some of their deals (half off everything first month plus lots of free coupons anyways) Also helps most "older" movies are 50 cents anyways so its dirt cheap entertaining myself for the week.

I always found Netflix overwhelming with all the options and if you don't know what you want to watch you're probably going to spend more time browsing. And redbox is a pain in itself with the one day rental. Just curious about your guy's perspective on these places. Heck I don't know of any other places minus some local stores.
awright

Re: Movie Rentals

Postby awright » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:58 am

Forgot they rent video games, something I might take advantage of a time or two if I have time. Saw the Batman Arkham games there cheap (only downside some games require $20 deposit at checkout)
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Family video has great deals all the time. I have an account but never go there.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 pm

ya they have to all those deals probably to compete with redbox and others...still surprising that they can make it since like blockbuster isn't around..kevin downloads them, but idk if he still really does yet...normally just watch whatever movie is on tv or go to theater as of lately, and of course whatever glass as downloaded when there. but we do use brother brian's account on netflex very rare
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:26 pm

You can buy either of the batman games for like $15 I think.

But to answer your question, none. Before college I would go to the rental store all of the time, but it's easier now with Netflix and other on demand services
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:35 pm

I am perfectly happy with what I can find on Netflix. I've gotten to a point where I spend more time watching old tv shows than movies.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:43 pm

I used to go to a rental place all the time when I lived in St. Cloud and didn't have cable for a summer. Now I don't very often. I've gotten maybe two redbox movies in the past year.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 pm

I use the Netflix. But even that is getting less and less since I've watched almost everything I care to see.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Are all Redboxes now $1.20? I just noticed this walking past one

Return to “Movies”