Prisoners

Discuss your favorite movies
User avatar
awright
Posts: 2097
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm
Contact:

Prisoners

Postby awright » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:53 pm

New to theatres this weekend. Hugh Jackman was actually in Iowa Saturday and attended the showing in Iowa Falls. The theatre was recently renovated by a friend of his I believe. Movie was good but I didn't like certain story points and how they were either too irrelevant or way too calculated. One of those..."no way that would of really happened like that"
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 pm

I think the theater is owned by his managers dad or something like that.

I know very little about this movie other than it's been getting pretty solid reviews. I need to watch a trailer tonight at the minimum
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Someone said tickets were $100, not sure if that's true or not.
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Wallinguana » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 pm

awright wrote:New to theatres this weekend. Hugh Jackman was actually in Iowa Saturday and attended the showing in Iowa Falls. The theatre was recently renovated by a friend of his I believe. Movie was good but I didn't like certain story points and how they were either too irrelevant or way too calculated. One of those..."no way that would of really happened like that"


I just saw it and I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Everything seemed relevant and nothing was over calculated. I thought it was really good.
User avatar
awright
Posts: 2097
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby awright » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:18 am

Wallinguana wrote:
I just saw it and I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Everything seemed relevant and nothing was over calculated. I thought it was really good.


For starters I just don't see how the girls could be alive at the end like they were
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Wallinguana » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 am

awright wrote:
Wallinguana wrote:
I just saw it and I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Everything seemed relevant and nothing was over calculated. I thought it was really good.


For starters I just don't see how the girls could be alive at the end like they were


Because they were only gone a little over a week and given creepy juice to stay hydrated? Nothing happened to them that would kill them until the very end.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 am

Derek vs Alex
Who's opinion about the movie is right?!
User avatar
awright
Posts: 2097
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby awright » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 am

Wallinguana wrote:
Because they were only gone a little over a week and given creepy juice to stay hydrated? Nothing happened to them that would kill them until the very end.


I keep forgetting that only occurred over the course of a week...I see your point. I guess I just have questions. What was the motive for their abduction? And what was the motivation of the preacher, a pedo himself, for killing the other guy?
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Wallinguana » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:13 pm

awright wrote:
Wallinguana wrote:
Because they were only gone a little over a week and given creepy juice to stay hydrated? Nothing happened to them that would kill them until the very end.


I keep forgetting that only occurred over the course of a week...I see your point. I guess I just have questions. What was the motive for their abduction? And what was the motivation of the preacher, a pedo himself, for killing the other guy?


I have an answer to that but I'm not going to say it until this thread has a Spoiler tag in the title. Which it already should.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:03 pm

This is a movie and tv forum. You would assume if you're reading about something you haven't seen there will be spoilers
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Corey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Tyler wrote:This is a movie and tv forum. You would assume if you're reading about something you haven't seen there will be spoilers

Werd brah :snooty:
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Wallinguana » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:03 pm

The motivation was that they were batshit crazy. They were devout Christians until they lost their son to cancer. Now they are waging a war against God by taking children and making parents lose faith the way they did. She said it "turns them into demons" which fit really well for Hugh for obvious reasons.

As for the priest I can only assume he thought it was the only way to stop him from hurting more children. Especially since he said that he wouldn't stop.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 8479
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby wags83 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Went last night in OC. I really liked it. Sucks that Hugh is going to be rescued only to go to jail for torturing.
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2568
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:06 pm

werd great movie...Hugh was really intense at times.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Jocelyn and I watched it tonight. I really liked this movie. I called pretty early on that Barry the kidnapped kid from 27 years ago was the person Jackson was holding captive and that his "aunt" is the one who took him. Also saw that the maze matched the guys necklace right away. #smart

I started doubting this though after the creepy guy stopped saying creepy things and they had that other suspect. How did he exactly tie into things? He obviously knew the dead guy in the priests basement because of the necklace and the aunt said her husband liked snakes and so did this guy. It almost seemed like the two weirdos were brothers, but I know it wasnt that.

Also cwilkins, as a father of 2 little girls you should never watch this movie
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Wallinguana » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 pm

The second suspect was abducted as a child but got away and clearly didn't adjust very well.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:09 am

Wallinguana wrote:The second suspect was abducted as a child but got away and clearly didn't adjust very well.

Gotcha. So he heard about these 2 girls getting abducted and went to their house to get their clothes, he was doing this on his on and was no way associated with the Aunt taking the girls. I got that now.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:02 am

The wife had a fight with the husband over the abductions, so he went to the priest to confess. Priest convinced him to come home to talk and the guy said he'd keep doing it, so he killed him. That's why he never came home
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Prisoners

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:03 am

And you were right, this movie was incredibly hard to watch
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 21473
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Prisoners

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 am

Tag wrote:Source of the post I guess as a father to two angels it just makes my skin crawl

Tag, have you seen this movie? It will tear you apart.

Don't read anything about it if you haven't seen it, but check it out. Luckily I watched it years before Evie was even a thought.

Return to “Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest