Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Fantastic Four Reboot

Discuss your favorite movies
goldenrod

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot

Postby goldenrod » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:59 am

Nate saw it last night and said it was bad.
awright

Fantastic Four Reboot

Postby awright » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 am

Hopefully this is what it takes to make some changes to the character properties....I'm wondering how Fox reacts, especially with their plans for a sequel in the future. Will it be the money earned or the reception that affects the future? I'm thinking even if they make a good amount of money after barring reviews until the day of release, no one will go see a sequel if the first movie was as awful as people are saying. 35% on RT audience reviews....looking forward to seeing where that goes too. That's pretty low but you never know....I'll see it this weekend anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:32 am

It sounds like the problem with this one is the extended origins story. Would a second movie do better with that out of the way?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:17 am

Origin stories, especially for reboots, can almost be told in flashbacks or a 15 minute sequence. We've all seen and hated the first Fantastic Four; we know how they got their powers.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:33 am

That was my problem with the first one. The whole movie was about them figuring out their powers and then the bad guy emerges and they defeat him immediately in the last little bit of the movie. Sounds like this had the same issue.
awright

Fantastic Four Reboot

Postby awright » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:23 pm

No way this deserved as bad of a rating it got, from critics anyways. I didn't love it but it didn't drag on like I've read everywhere. I liked the first 3/4 of the movie more than the closing actually.

It did feel like Josh Tranks work a lot and I don't know if it would fit well within a larger universe (X-Men crossover rumored).

I would definitely see a sequel and, hopefully, it would be better based on the director alone. A lot of things I would change about the way they did it but it wasn't too cheesy or bad.

If Marvel were to get the characters back as a result of the movies poor performance, I wonder how long it would take to see them incorporated into a movie. Would they change plans like they did with Spidey? I don't think that will ever happen so I'm glad the movie wasn't as awful as I thought it might be.

Also, I didn't contribute to the opening weekend of the movie...the guy sold me tickets to Ant-Man on accident lol

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Fox executives on Monday morning: we were 1 ticket sale short of making a sequel. Let's pull the plug on the franchise and sell it to Marvel.

We owe it all to you Alex.
awright

Fantastic Four Reboot

Postby awright » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:23 pm

The more I think back about the movie, the more I disagree with what I posted earlier. It wasn't horrible but the inconsistencies were just plain awful. I've watched some reviews this afternoon and they make some excellent points...one being that Reed is like 18 years old and basically goes from being disqualified at a shitty science fair as a senior in high school to being the lead of some huge multi million dollar science project in a week.

No way a sequel will be made....guess reviews and opening money are both bad

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:48 am

awright wrote: Reed is like 18 years old and basically goes from being disqualified at a shitty science fair as a senior in high school to being the lead of some huge multi million dollar science project in a week.

Haha. That is horrible and incredibly stupid. They ware suppose to be high school aged in this? I thought maybe recent college grads.
awright

Fantastic Four Reboot

Postby awright » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:01 am

Tyler wrote:Haha. That is horrible and incredibly stupid. They ware suppose to be high school aged in this? I thought maybe recent college grads.

Supposedly...they do a jump from childhood to high school and I had heard they are seniors but can't be completely sure. They are definitely still in high school and the senior estimate makes the most sense. I personally estimated them (Reed and Ben) being in like 4th or 5th grade when they showed the opening scene based on the school room they were in and the kind of class project they were doing. When they jumped ahead 7 years or whatever, I thought they would jump ahead another time too...it never happened lol They definitely didn't look 16 like I thought they were going for. Sue appeared to be older when they met and viktor Von doom was definitely not a high schooler so it was completely inconsistent all around too

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:24 pm

So much bad press coming out about this still. Director is not being shown in a positive light.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/even-mor ... ok_vulture
awright

Postby awright » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:35 pm

8/23% critics and audience after roughly a week. Embarrassing. I saw the Easter egg video came out today for it but won't bother posting since the movie itself hasn't been seen by most and the Easter eggs suck lol

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:58 pm

But...but... I like easter eggs
Fehler

Postby Fehler » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:02 am

Yeah I heard it was pretty bad so I'm not even gonna bother seeing it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Woah, that is big if Marvel Studios gets Fantastic 4 back. Fox got a good deal, they were able to get rid of a franchise they loses them money and picked up 2 shows that might work out for them.

UPDATE: IT WAS DEBUNKED BY FOX
http://comicbook.com/2015/10/15/officia ... in-at-fox/
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Tyler wrote:Woah, that is big if Marvel Studios gets Fantastic 4 back. Fox got a good deal, they were able to get rid of a franchise they loses them money and picked up 2 shows that might work out for them.

UPDATE: IT WAS DEBUNKED BY FOX
http://comicbook.com/2015/10/15/officia ... in-at-fox/

And everyone is disappointed.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:56 am

For Tyler

[youtube]wkFEyZL9f_M[/youtube]
awright

Postby awright » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:33 am

Watched this last night and it knocked my feelings about the movie down a notch. I wasn't in love with the film from the start but really feel it didn't deserve (as much) the criticism it received. I was aware of some of the points the video makes, especially in regards to how the movie started, but it really sank in this time around lol

[youtube]iZpNgE6mMoA[/youtube]

Return to “Movies”