Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Maze Runner

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Maze Runner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:26 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Right, but if they were there to simply rescue them, why would they fly to the outside of the maze instead of assuming the kids beat it at that exact moment. Wouldn't they go to the center first?

That is what I am trying to say! They weren't there to rescue them. They were there to bring the kids to the next phase of their "test".
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:31 am

Right, what I am saying, is how can these kids be that dense to think that they ARE being rescued instead of just screwed with again.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:35 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Right, what I am saying, is how can these kids be that dense to think that they ARE being rescued instead of just screwed with again.

Ah. I thought that is maybe what you were asking... I guess I can't answer that. Kids are dumb.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:50 am

Sequel comes out this weekend. I would like to see it, but don't think it is worth getting a sitter for. Will watch when it is out for rental for sure.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:16 am

Still haven't watched the first one.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 am

wags83 wrote:Still haven't watched the first one.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you are browsing for something to watch I think it is worth stopping on.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:02 pm

Might go check it out this weekend. As something a little special for my birthday. Otherwise I'll just wait until it's out on a movie channel.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:18 am

Tyler wrote:Sequel comes out this weekend. I would like to see it, but don't think it is worth getting a sitter for. Will watch when it is out for rental for sure.

Just kidding. We went to this last night. It was okay. The Maze Runner trilogy story is so convoluted, I have no idea how kids are suppose to be able to follow what is going on.

I also wish these trilogy movies would have a little synopsis up front that explains what happened in the previous movies. I feel like LotR did this and it was helpful. We saw the other movie just a year ago but so much happened in the last 5 minutes of it that I was having troubles figuring out where this story began.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:51 pm

The star of these movies got hurt on sent and production stopped. No details on when it will start again.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/dylan-obrie ... 201722730/
Blue Jackets

The Maze Runner

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 am

Maze Runner: The Death Cure opens with $23.5M, the lowest opening of the franchise
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 am

Pretty low numbers. We may see it this week, just because we have seen the other 2 in theaters. Reviews don't look very good.
Tyler
Owner

The Maze Runner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 am

Not all movies need to be over 2 hours. This was actually 2.5 hours with credits. 30-40 minutes could have easily been shaved off and it would have stayed a good movie, but it started to drag way too much in the back half and it's going to be added to the 'meh' section of my 2018 list.

Before seeing the movie we watched a 4 minute recap of the previous film, holy cow that was a dense recap. I'm glad I watched it because even while watching the recap I wasn't remembering half of that stuff. I wish we would have watched a recap of the first movie as well since there were some references to that as well.

What I liked:
-The opening train heist, even though they were able to predictable the enemies behavior down to the impossible detail.
-Newt's death was actually a strong moment
-Will Poulter (eye brows) showing up and not being a bad guy
-the badass security uniforms/masks
-most of the action scenes, like Thomas and Newt running and gunning through the lab
-how disgusting Walton Goggins looked
-bus crane, even though it was the same thing as the train heist

What was dumb:
-Jumping out of a 20 story window, landing in a fountain, everyone is fine
-Teresa's death. So cliche and served no plot purpose. Slow-mo face reactions weren't needed
-Little Finger killing the head lady
-as cool as the train heist was, it was dumb that soldiers with rifles couldn't hit people standing on a train

Question:
What is Thomas going to do with the cure? He isn't a scientist and has no equipment. Plus all the people that need the cure are NOT on the island, they left them all back on the mainland.

It is worth noting the budget of this movie was only $60m. This movie had nice sets and effects for such a modest budget.

Return to “Movies”