Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Suicide Squad

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Suicide Squad

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:36 pm

The rumors were true: Jared Leto will play the Joker, alongside Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, in Warner Bros.' upcoming Suicide Squad movie. They'll be joined by a number of other familiar names, including Will Smith as Deadshot, Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg, and Cara Delevigne as Enchantress. Also, Divergent's Jai Courtney will play Boomerang.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/jared-le ... ok_vulture
awright

Re: Suicide Squad

Postby awright » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Whoah, big name cast. I can see this being very mediocre but boy do I hope otherwise
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:16 pm

awright wrote:Whoah, big name cast. I can see this being very mediocre but boy do I hope otherwise

I have exactly the same expectations
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 am

Oprah Winfrey is currently Warner Bros' top choice to play villain Amanda Waller in the studio's forthcoming Sucide Squad film, according to a report from Variety.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 am

....wut
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 am

cwilkins88 wrote:....wut

In the comics her character is a big (literally) older powerful black woman.
In Arrow she is an attractive young black lady.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:12 am

According to Forbes, Ben Affleck's Batman could appear in the movie, and his appearance will set up a solo film in which he will face off against Jared Leto's The Joker.

We've already heard that Batman will briefly appear on video monitors, but it sounds like his inclusion is going to be bigger than that. Apparently, The Dark Knight will show up at the end of the movie when The Joker escapes from prison, and this could essentially be the start of a Batman Vs. Joker movie. The site reports that it "will take some inspiration from Frank Miller’s comic book series The Dark Knight Returns — the third issue of which is a story about Batman facing off against an escaped Joker. I’m also told that Gotham City Police Commissioner Ellen Yindel (who replaces James Gordon during the comic book story) is planned for inclusion in the film." That seems to go along with some previous reports that Gordon is not a part of the DC cinematic universe.

That third issue features the Joker waking up from a catatonic state and escaping from Arkham Asylum. He ends up killing an entire talk show audience with some deadly balloons and then goes on the rampage at a fairground.

Now, none of this recent information has been confirmed, so we will treat this as a rumor for the time being. But it would be freakin' cool to see Batman and The Joker go head to head again in a new movie. We'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out. We'll find out on August 5th, 2016 when the movie is released.

http://geektyrant.com/news/ben-afflecks ... n-vs-joker
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Wait, it comes out in 2016? I thought it was schedule for release this year? (I knew that was too good to be true)
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:04 pm

There are new casting rumors around this movie ever day. Tom Hardy dropped out and replaced by Gyllenhaal, but now he seems to be out and 10 other rumored names are in. What a mess.
awright

Postby awright » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 pm

It's like the Dr. Strange casting chaos but less relevant. Saw Karl Urban was one of those rumored for casting, seems like a good fit to me not knowing anything about the character he'd be playing.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 am

Margot Robbie Confirms Multi-Film Contract as Harley Quinn

Still not sold on her doing that role. Maybe if I see her in Will Smith's "Focus" I will change my mind.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Tyler wrote:Oprah Winfrey is currently Warner Bros' top choice to play villain Amanda Waller in the studio's forthcoming Sucide Squad film, according to a report from Variety.

Went a different direction.

Suicide Squad has finally decided who's going to be bossing around its various villains: Viola Davis, who confirmed at the Oscars that she will indeed play Squad handler Amanda Waller in the 2016 film. Waller is a groundbreaking figure in the comics universe; Vulture's Abraham Riesman describes her as "a more energetic Dick Cheney, except black and female and (slightly) less evil." She's been part of a bunch of DC projects over the years — played by Pam Grier in Smallville, Angela Bassett in Green Lantern, and, currently, Cynthia Addai-Robinson in Arrow — but Suicide Squad will likely be the character's time to shine.

The character has gone through some changes in the comics over the years.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 am

Cast read through

Where is Jared Leto?

Found him
ImageImage
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:38 am

Top left:
-David Ayer (the beloved thug-looking director who's the only one that's not smiling among these villains), Joel Kinnaman (Rick Flagg), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), Jay Hernandez (El Diablo?), Jai Courtney (Boomerang), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Adam Beach (Ravan?), Jim Parrack (Deathstroke), Ike Barinholtz (Hugo Strange).
Bottom Left:
-Will Smith (Deadshot), Karen Fukuhara (Katana), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Cara Delevingne (Enchantress).
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:34 pm

First real pic of joker. Different take, I would like it if it wasn't for the tattoos. Tattoos look like something a joker fan would have
awright

Suicide Squad

Postby awright » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:50 pm

Lol good point about the tattoos, hopefully they aren't included in shooting. I realize we are talking about a fictional character but it makes zero sense, even for a crazy person, to get those type of tattoos

The damaged tattoo on his forehead, really?
blake

Postby blake » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 am

Leto looking jacked in his instagram picture yesterday
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:36 am

Yes he was...

and update on what the joker will actually look like

According to our source, the Joker image everybody is talking about isn't a genuine image and doesn't match up with how he looks on set. He's missing scars (which we reported on a while back as mementos from his history with Batman) and the grill/teeth are a kind of WTF addition to the image. Our source elaborates that he's scarred on his back and arms and his skin is definitely whiter than what we see below. The tattoos are brand new if even real, and may have been added to cover up the areas where his scars will be.
awright

Postby awright » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:27 am

Makes sense, the tattoos are Joker inspired and serve as a further marketing point for the character
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun May 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Will Smith as Dead shot

From left to right, we see Adam Beach (Slipknot), Jai Courtney (Boomerang), Karen Fukuhara (Katana), Cara Delevigne (Enchantress), Joel Kinnaman (Rick Flagg), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Will Smith (Deadshot), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc), and Jay Hernandez (El Diablo).

Return to “Movies”