Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Suicide Squad

Discuss your favorite movies
awright

Re: Suicide Squad

Postby awright » Fri May 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Another photo leaked showed Harley tattooing the Jokers lower back...I'm assuming the tattoos in the original picture will not be a part of the character and are publicity shots instead.

Edit: I got your back...
(get it...your back..like in this picture that I posted for you?)
-Tyler

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Official trailer out of comic con

[youtube]PLLQK9la6Go[/youtube]
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 am

Definitely a different take on the characters, especially Joker and Harley Quinn. Different doesn't equal good either. Can't get over Joker's tats and teeth grill. Harely doesn't look right either. I hope I am wrong though and that it works.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm

I don't know anything about this story. Was that a glimpse of batman showing up in this movie?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Yep. Batman has a role in this. Can't remember if this comes out before Batman v Superman or not.
awright

Postby awright » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Tyler wrote:Yep. Batman has a role in this. Can't remember if this comes out before Batman v Superman or not.

After, it won't be out until the end of summer. BVS comes out spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Might be a dumb question, but is DC doing a Marvel thing where all these movies will be interconnected? I guess specifically, is that batman going to be Ben Afflek?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:48 pm

wags83 wrote:Might be a dumb question, but is DC doing a Marvel thing where all these movies will be interconnected? I guess specifically, is that batman going to be Ben Afflek?

Yes. Affleck is in Suicide Squad. Some future DC movies will be a part of this universe. Their movie-verse will not be as connected as Marvel I have a feeling though
awright

Postby awright » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:53 pm

DC is going a different route than Marvel and jumping right into a connected universe and will expand using individual characters; it's sort of the opposite of Marvel's formula but not really the opposite per se.

As you can tell from the trailer, wonder woman will also appear. Other characters will make appearances and be a part of the Justice league movie slated for after these. Then the individual character movies will start (wonder woman, batman solo film, aqua man, green lantern corps, flash)

awright

Postby awright » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Reminder to self to post the origin story video of all the suicide squad characters tomorrow

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 am

awright wrote:Reminder to self to post the origin story video of all the suicide squad characters tomorrow

Stealing your post

[youtube]2IyoTNZERBE[/youtube]
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 pm

First trailer. I'll watch in the morning when I'm not in bed on my phone without headphones and a baby sleeping in the room

[youtube]CmRih_VtVAs[/youtube]
jathko87

Postby jathko87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Tyler wrote:First trailer. I'll watch in the morning when I'm not in bed on my phone without headphones and a baby sleeping in the room

https://youtu.be/CmRih_VtVAs

Im so excited for this. Almost more than deadpool.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:37 pm

I think I like that trailer a lot just a because of the song selection.
jathko87

Postby jathko87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:41 pm

wags83 wrote:I think I like that trailer a lot just a because of the song selection.

#tru
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:57 am

Oh man, I'm so torn. Go back and watch the comic-con first look trailer and then watch this official trailer. The tone of these could not be more different. Comic-Con trailer plays it completely serious and has a really dark tone to it. This newest one almost has a Guardians of the Galaxy feel - wacky group of bad guys form unlikely team to stop an evil.

We read stories that this movie was so dark they had therapist on set full time for the actors because they were required to go to such dark places to get into character. I am not getting any of that in the new trailer. Am I dissapointed in the new trailer? No. It is just much different than I was expecting. It makes the movie look fun (even though it had a couple of horrible jokes). It will be interesting to see how the next trailer paints this movie.

If I had to guess I bet this newest trailer is what the movie will be. The Comic-Con trailer was suppose to be just for people at the show and was never meant to be released...right? Safe to assume the official released trailer is what the film it intended to look like.

I will say that Leto's Joker has a place in an action comedy, not so much an action drama. Also, great job on not spoiling the movie like Batman V Superman's trailer does.
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 am

Tyler wrote:Oh man, I'm so torn. Go back and watch the comic-con first look trailer and then watch this official trailer. The tone of these could not be more different. Comic-Con trailer plays it completely serious and has a really dark tone to it. This newest one almost has a Guardians of the Galaxy feel - wacky group of bad guys form unlikely team to stop an evil.

We read stories that this movie was so dark they had therapist on set full time for the actors because they were required to go to such dark places to get into character. I am not getting any of that in the new trailer. Am I dissapointed in the new trailer? No. It is just much different than I was expecting. It makes the movie look fun (even though it had a couple of horrible jokes). It will be interesting to see how the next trailer paints this movie.

If I had to guess I bet this newest trailer is what the movie will be. The Comic-Con trailer was suppose to be just for people at the show and was never meant to be released...right? Safe to assume the official released trailer is what the film it intended to look like.

I will say that Leto's Joker has a place in an action comedy, not so much an action drama. Also, great job on not spoiling the movie like Batman V Superman's trailer does.

Exactly what I thought when I watched (when comparing the trailer with the previous and all the talk)

This trailer was a lot more energetic! Liked it but disliked the difference between sneak peak and this--stay consistent! Yes, I'm complaining about a trailer ><

wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 am

Yeah but....Queen!
goldenrod

Postby goldenrod » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Am I the only one that had to keep going back to look at Harley Quinn's ass?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:13 pm

goldenrod wrote:Am I the only one that had to keep going back to look at Harley Quinn's ass?

You and every commenter on YouTube

Return to “Movies”