Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wonder Woman

Discuss your favorite movies
CrckrJack

Wonder Woman

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You are totally missing the point of what that scene is about. First, its so hostile that its called 'No Man's Land'. Second, she's a woman who chooses to go where 'no man' can.

Yeah i didn't see that joke coming 18 years before this scene.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:25 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You are totally missing the point of what that scene is about. First, its so hostile that its called 'No Man's Land'. Second, she's a woman who chooses to go where 'no man' can.

I literally thought about the Lord of the Rings movie that made the same joke when slaying the Nazgul.
purple_hayes

Wonder Woman

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:30 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I actually agree with Tim on this one. I liked the scene after it started. But initially, it was kinda dumb.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seriously? You love DC... you have twin girls... this scene is more than what its showing. Its amazing. Don't be like Tim.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Im sooooo glad they didn't have WW saying 'but I am no man" before she ran out of the trench. That would have been way too cheesy and on the nose.
purple_hayes

Wonder Woman

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post

I literally thought about the Lord of the Rings movie that made the same joke when slaying the Nazgul.

You two are way too cynical for your own good anymore.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post

You two are way too cynical for your own good anymore.

Naw, i loved 99.99% of the movie, but they just did this scene incorrectly. They could've had her jump out, realize she was fucked, and everyone screaming NO! WE HAVE TO HELP. Then done the same scene, but it seemed like she was out there for an hour. I understand what they were trying to do, but I also understand what Suicide Squad was trying to do, but instead they made a shitty movie :P
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 pm

JK. I have no idea what SS was doing.
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 am

Wonder Woman has already outgrossed the entire domestic run for Man of Steel, is ~$7 million away from outgrossing the domestic run for Suicide Squad and will surpass Batman v Superman's $330.4 million run over the next few days, which will make it the third largest DC Comics adaptation domestically, behind only The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Wonder Woman lassoed another solid weekend, finishing fourth with an estimated $15.57 million as the film's domestic cume now stands at $346.1 million after five weeks in release. Internationally the film added another $13.6 million as its overseas cume grows to over $360 million for a global tally of $708 million. At this point Wonder Woman is the third largest domestic release among all DC Comics based features and becomes one of the top 100 all-time worldwide grossers.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby Huss Buss » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 pm

not surprised..will be interesting if dc will pump out alot of films about her
TheJose1972

Wonder Woman

Postby TheJose1972 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:31 am

It waz an ok movie. More then likely not watch it again.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
TheJose1972

Wonder Woman

Postby TheJose1972 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 am

A 2nd movie, ugh?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
wags83

Wonder Woman

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:44 am

TheJose1972 wrote:Source of the post A 2nd movie, ugh?

This has been one of DC's most successful super hero movies. A sequel was inevitable. I still need to see this.
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 am

They should probably skip WW2 because of the Captain America movie, but I would like to see them tackle another war period. Vietnam or War on Terrorism might be interesting.
purple_hayes

Wonder Woman

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post They should probably skip WW2 because of the Captain America movie, but I would like to see them tackle another war period. Vietnam or War on Terrorism might be interesting.

Rumor is that the next movie will be set in the 80's and not be part of the current storyline. I believe its implied in the WW movie and the BvS movie that after the events of WW, she stopped saving people, but the events of BvS have kick started her back into action. So WW2 movie would not be in the currtent DCEU mythos, but a stand alone movie.
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Rumor is that the next movie will be set in the 80's and not be part of the current storyline. I believe its implied in the WW movie and the BvS movie that after the events of WW, she stopped saving people, but the events of BvS have kick started her back into action. So WW2 movie would not be in the currtent DCEU mythos, but a stand alone movie.

That will be confusing for fans. You can't have the same actress but tell the audience the movie isn't connected to the other DC movies. That would be like Hugh Jackman being in 14 different timelines for X-men...oh wait...
purple_hayes

Wonder Woman

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Rumor is that the next movie will be set in the 80's and not be part of the current storyline. I believe its implied in the WW movie and the BvS movie that after the events of WW, she stopped saving people, but the events of BvS have kick started her back into action. So WW2 movie would not be in the currtent DCEU mythos, but a stand alone movie.

That will be confusing for fans. You can't have the same actress but tell the audience the movie isn't connected to the other DC movies. That would be like Hugh Jackman being in 14 different timelines for X-men...oh wait...

It was an article about how they are going to bring back Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. The director wants to do a stand alone film. This could be more flack around DCEU like how Zach Snyder wanted the Atlantians and Amazons to be decendents from the Kryptonian colonies that was laid out in Man of Steel but was scrapped for more comic book centric back story.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:52 pm

WW has passed Spider Man to become the highest grossing "origin" comic book movie.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:03 am

Out yesterday on digital for the 2 people in the world who haven't seen it. Still 3+ weeks for physical

Return to “Movies”