Wonder Woman

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:43 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post I don't dismiss DC movies at all. I loved the Christian Bale Batman movies and how they were darker, grittier, more realistic than other super hero movies. It seems like the new DCEU movies want to hold on to that darkness/grittiness but also want to be like the MCU and they turn into a hybrid that has the worst of both worlds.

I've said this before, but the MAIN problem with these movies is that they make a completely immersive movie, and then producers get a hold of it, and say "hey guys, guess what. This movie is took long. Let's take out EVERY SINGLE PIECE of material that ties the scenes together." And then they don't understand why people think it's confusing.

That's probably it. One of my biggest gripes with BvS was that it felt so segmented. It seemed to have some good set pieces but it was all tied together so terribly that it ruined the movie.

After I read the reviews and looked at the pieces that were cut from cinematic version, I would have agreed with that. I just happened to watch the directors cut first.
wags83

Wonder Woman

Postby wags83 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:49 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I just happened to watch the directors cut first.

Maybe I'll watch that sometime. I've only seen the cinematic version and only the one time.
purple_hayes

Wonder Woman

Postby purple_hayes » Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am

cwilkins88 wrote:I've said this before, but the MAIN problem with these movies is that they make a completely immersive movie, and then producers get a hold of it, and say "hey guys, guess what. This movie is took long. Let's take out EVERY SINGLE PIECE of material that ties the scenes together." And then they don't understand why people think it's confusing.

OMG! AGREED! Damn executives cut the crap out of it. Zach Snyder makes good movies, just trust in his vision. So far, every movie they cut up of his, his vision has been 100% better.
purple_hayes

Wonder Woman

Postby purple_hayes » Wed May 31, 2017 11:00 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I just happened to watch the directors cut first.

Maybe I'll watch that sometime. I've only seen the cinematic version and only the one time.

Its far superior, truly. It fixes a lot of holes, not everything but does fix a lot. Gives backstory to Lex's issues, gives story to the incident in Africa, it builds a story around Lois and Clark being journalists for their own stories.... all of which builds through out the movie. Its long, but well worth it.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Wed May 31, 2017 11:07 am

wags83 wrote:

Lol. No you won't and neither will I!
bmyoungs

Wonder Woman

Postby bmyoungs » Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 pm

Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:

I agree.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:14 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:

I agree.

FINE! But as retaliation, I'll still watch the next Marvel movie.
wags83

Wonder Woman

Postby wags83 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:54 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:

I agree.

FINE! But as retaliation, I'll still watch the next Marvel movie.

Don't get me wrong, I watch all the Marvel and DC movies. I just haven't liked the DC movies nearly as much.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:57 pm

That's respectable. Mine happens to be the opposite, but still liked them

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I watch all the Marvel and DC movies

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post That's respectable. Mine happens to be the opposite, but still liked them

Are we done fighting?! That was an eventful morning.
wags83

Wonder Woman

Postby wags83 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:09 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post I watch all the Marvel and DC movies

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post That's respectable. Mine happens to be the opposite, but still liked them

Are we done fighting?! That was an eventful morning.

Wonder Woman is tearing this forum apart!
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Wed May 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Wonder Woman is tearing this forum apart!

Nah, Wonder Woman will be the movie that unites us all. It's BvS that tore us apart. We can all (but Hayes) can also agree this was awful.
CrckrJack

Wonder Woman

Postby CrckrJack » Wed May 31, 2017 1:48 pm

This scene was electric
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Wonder Woman

Postby DannyFanny » Wed May 31, 2017 2:20 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post This scene was electric

I hope you're proud of yourself, because no one else is.
CrckrJack

Wonder Woman

Postby CrckrJack » Wed May 31, 2017 3:17 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I hope you're proud of yourself, because no one else is.

:sad-roulette:
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 am

Certified Fresh.

Will this be the biggest movie ever directed by a female? Patty Jenkin's only other movie was Monster with Charlize Theron, which was also very successful. Looks like she directed a handful of TV episodes since then.
Blue Jackets

Wonder Woman

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 am

Did anyone one go over the weekend? Did any females go to the No Boyz Allowed showings?

Legal Complaints Filed Over Alamo Drafthouse Female-Only Wonder Woman Screenings.
No woman, no matter how wonderful, is safe from complaints from men. After Alamo Drafthouse announced a woman-only screening of Wonder Woman in Austin (and, after backlash online, added a few more), the theater chain has been subject to legal discrimination complaints, according to a report from the Washington Post. A city of Austin spokesman told the newspaper that multiple people filed complaints with the city’s Equal Employment and Fair Housing Office, and that the city is reviewing and investigating the charges.

One charge comes from Stephen Clark, a law professor interviewed by the Post, who claimed that he was irked by theater’s snarky responses to online objections. He’s argued that the theater is discriminating against male customers on the basis of their gender and that, in promising to staff the events with female employees, it was also discriminating against male employees. According to an expert in employment law interviewed by the Post, however, it may be hard for Clark, or other complainants, to prove that employees suffered any damage from the screening as long as they didn’t lose work because of them.
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:53 am

The drama around the female showing is so silly. I have no problem with it, because there are plenty of other theaters/showings for guys to go to. It's not like someone missed the movie because the dang women bought up all the tickets. People calling it unfair that "men got sent home and couldnt work" don't know how those theaters work. I can almost guarantee that the kitchen still had men working. Plus, the guys on shift could just work the other screens at the theater. I'm sure Alamo was planning this for awhile, they would have adjusted their shift schedule for it. No guy showed up to work that day and was sent home because he was a male.

Kind of related...how can places like Hooters get away with only hiring female waitresses? Should the same guys that are upset about WW showings be going after restaurants like that?
Tyler
Owner

Wonder Woman

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:55 am

In less controversial news, this movie had a $101 million opening domestic weekend (beating The Fate of the Furious $99) and is #43 on best opening weekend list.
For those worried about their summer movie lineups - GotG Vol 2 was $147 million and is currently at #17
wags83

Wonder Woman

Postby wags83 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 am

I did not see it yet but I agree that people complaining about woman-only screenings is really dumb. Just go to one of the many other theaters playing the same movie. Like you said, no body missed out on seeing this movie because one theater had women-only screenings.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post how can places like Hooters get away with only hiring female waitresses?

There's an episode of King of the Hill that addresses this.

Return to “Movies”