Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:05 pm

Wallinguana

Fast 8 - The Fate of the Furious

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Say it isn't so, Dom.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:30 am

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS broke the worldwide record for the largest ever trailer debut with 139 million views in the first 24 hours.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Best movie ever Corey?
megatron

Postby megatron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:44 am

Went to a screening last night. Entertaining and ridiculous just like you would expect, but I liked 6 and 7 more than this one. It would be interesting to see it in IMAX because there were some spectacular action shots.

Funny side story at this screening:
Everyone has to wait in line to get into the theater, and not everyone gets in since they offer more tickets than there are seats. Anyway, last night's show was in a very small theater for some reason​, so a lot of people got turned away. There was guy who was actually ahead of us in line, but decided to get concessions before going inside and saving his seat (big mistake!) Of course he was by himself so no one saved one for him, and ended up not finding a seat by the time he got up there. He made a HUGE scene, complaining that he paid $8 for his pop and had to go to the bathroom, and he was going to get screwed out of getting to see this movie. (Side note this guy was probably 400+ lbs and even if there was a seat next to you in a cramped theater it would be hard for him to fit in one.) This went on for like 20 minutes, where he kept checking to see if a spot opened up and telling people as they walked in that if they didn't have a seat saved already, forget about getting one. Finally, the movie theater staff brought up a WHEELCHAIR for him to sit in and watch the movie. It was honestly probably more comfortable for him in that seat than any actual theater seat.
Moral of the story: if you complain enough and make a big enough scene, you can get what you want.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 am

megatron wrote:Source of the post but I liked 6 and 7 more than this one.

What about 5? I haven't seen 5, 6, or 7 other than once in theaters, but I remember 5 being my favorite of those. 5 is the one to introduce The Rock into the franchise.
megatron wrote:Source of the post not everyone gets in since they offer more tickets than there are seats

What is this, United Airlines?!
megatron wrote:Source of the post He made a HUGE scene

How big of a scene? I assume the whole theater was able to hear/see it all? That is so awkward! I would have felt bad for the theater employees. I can't believe he wouldn't give up after 20 minutes.
megatron

Postby megatron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:02 am

5's pretty good too I think. I just don't remember it very well.
Everyone in the theater could hear this guy and was getting looks from all directions. It didn't help that we were sitting in the row with the big aisle in front of it so he was pacing back and forth right in front of us complaining.

Lolz good United burn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:44 am

The Fate of the Furious in Japan is called "Wild Speed: Ice Break"
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post The Fate of the Furious in Japan is called "Wild Speed: Ice Break"

No I'm curious if all of the FF movies there are called Wild Speed, I would guess yes.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 am

Box Office Week: The Fate of the Furious opens to a solid if not record-breaking $100M domestically. However the film demolished the overseas opening weekend record by more than $100M, opening to $432.3M. It has also dethroned The Force Awakens as the #1 worldwide opening weekend, $532M.

FotF opened $47M lower than F7
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 pm

purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 am

9 & 10 are to be the last ones in the series, per an article I read. Studio and the writers will finish this last trilogy, then end the series. Evidently, Paul Walker's death put a kink in the works... but 8, 9, & 10 are supposed to be the last. You know, since its no longer about racing cars, just a generic nameless version of GI Joe.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post 9 & 10 are to be the last ones in the series

They said the same thing about 6 and 7.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:16 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post 9 & 10 are to be the last ones in the series

They said the same thing about 6 and 7.

Did they? hmmm... I rememeber an interview I read with Vin Diesel back around the time of the 4th one, where he said he wouldn't come back unless they do a trilogy, then after the success of the 4th movie, they had an idea for a third trilogy, so making 9 total movies. But I wouldn't doubt that as long as the movies rake in the dough, they will keep on making em.

Its interesting how the movies have changed. IF your first taste of series would be like 7 or 8, then went back to start from 1, you'd be like... what is this!?! How it morphed from a movie centered on cars, girls, racing, girls to become this juggernaut of steroids, tanks, counter-espionage.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:46 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post 9 & 10 are to be the last ones in the series, per an article I read

I agree

Fast 10 will be the last Fast and Furious movie
Tyler
Owner

Re: Fast 8 - The Fate of the Furious

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 am

Jocelyn thinks I went home to mow. Spoiler. I'm watching this movie. Early bird pricing.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm

This movie is RIDICULOUS! I tried making note of all the things I wanted to comment on but I can't remember them.
-opening race scene. WHAT?! "Cuban NOS". Dom was driving in reverse at 150 MPH with no engine and his car was on fire. He just hops out and doesn't have a single scratch on him!
-The Rock head butted someone...who was wearing a helmet...and knocked him out! WHAT?!
-The Rock has literal Superman strength. He broke out of handcuffs by just flexing. He picks up and throws people like they have zero mass.
-There is ALWAYS another gear to shift to
-Doesn't matter what you drive, all cars go the same speed. Tanks, Humvee, Lambo, Snow plows. They can chase each other and never get any closer, but also come to a complete stop and still catch up in no time
-A sub is faster above water/breaking ice than it is under water
-FAMILY!
-Jason Stathom is impressive, but wouldnt stand a chance against The Rock
-I want Jason to be my babysitter. That scene in the plane with the car seat was hilarious
-Remember when Stathom killed Han in cold blood? Brah...it's fine, the hacker lady made him do it
-Rubber bullets do nothing to the Rock, because he is Superman
-Hacking is dumb in movies
-There are not enough self driving cars to make them into a zombie hoard
-Every character in the movie is capable of knocking a door off a car just by nudging it from the inside
-Weird to name the baby Brian if Brian is still alive in universe
-Dom's car had 5,000 HP. Wut
-EPM just reboots a sub, it doesnt fry all the electrical

Questions
-Why did hacker queen put a kill switch in Dom's car?
-How did Dom tell Shaw's mom to be there
-How did he get a tracker?

I'm gonna knock your teeth so far down your throat, you'll have to shove a toothbrush up your ass to clean'em
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Lolz to everything you just wrote.

They have to know how ridiculous these movies are and just work to one-up the previous movie's ridiculousness.

Return to “Movies”