Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Sony's The Emoji Movie

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Re: Sony's The Emoji Movie

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:44 am

We want a lazy day today. We are taking Evie to this after her nap.
Corey
Site Admin

Sony's The Emoji Movie

Postby Corey » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We want a lazy day today. We are taking Evie to this after her nap.

What is wrong with you?!
bmyoungs

Sony's The Emoji Movie

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Corey wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post We want a lazy day today. We are taking Evie to this after her nap.

What is wrong with you?!
He's lost his mind we should put him down

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Sony's The Emoji Movie

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Going to save it for tomorrow.
We are desperate to see a movie and I want to see how bad it really is. We've recently watched Wreck-It Ralph and Inside Out so I want to compare it to those 2.
Tyler
Owner

Sony's The Emoji Movie

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:09 am

I saw this yesterday and my eyeballs didn't melt out of my head. Honestly, it wasn't *as bad* as I was preparing myself. The plot is paper thin, but the movie didn't leave me disappointed because I went in with such low expectations. DM3 let me down because I was expecting a good movie; with this I was expecting a horrible movie and only got a really bad one.

There were 3 or so puns that got a chuckle out of me, otherwise the comedy fell flat for the adults in the theater.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We've recently watched Wreck-It Ralph and Inside Out so I want to compare it to those 2.

The movie tries so hard to be a combination of these 2, but doesn't pull either of them off. The world inside the phone isn't nearly as interesting as the world inside of the arcade games in Wreck-It Ralph. It took me out of the movie whenever they mentioned a real app, it just seemed liked marketing. "Let's go around YouTube, we need to use Spotify waves to get to DropBox to upload ourselves to the cloud." Inside Out revolved around a young girl going through emotions she didn't know how to handle, the human plot of this was about a boy that didn't know how to talk to a girl. Since he couldn't talk to her he needed a brand new gif emoji that he could send her and express his feelings! "wow, cool Emoji. I feel that way about you too. Do you want to go to the dance with me?"

James Cordon character says "buck off" and I couldn't have sworn it sounded like the adult version of that phrase. Shocked that made it into the movie. And for all the people giving Patrick Stewart crap for playing the Poop emoji (LOL, see what I did there?!), it was fine. I bet he didn't spend more than half a day in the recording studio because he only had a handful of lines.

I give it 3/10. It held Evie's attention for the first hour at least. I'll updating my overall 2017 movie list after this post, I am going to put Emoji Movie above Leap. I admit Leap wasn't intended for me at all though.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Sony's The Emoji Movie

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 am

Return to “Movies”