Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Thor: Ragnarok

Discuss your favorite movies
Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:33 am

Extell wrote:The only problem I have... it was Beta Ray Bill (who also has the powers of Thor) that fought hulk in Planet Hulk, not Thor.

Yeah but they still can't make a full Hulk movie of any kind due to something something movie rights something. So getting a taste of Planet Hulk in a Thor movie is the best we can hope for. Sadly I doubt ol' Greenie will be taking a lover, ruling a planet, or having a son in this movie either. We can dream, eh?

I will say: first the obvious Korbinite skull in Guardian of the Galaxy, now this scenario... stop dancing around it Marvel! Put Beta Ray Bill in the cinematic universe!

Pauper of the Surf / Jester of Tortuga
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:59 am

Fawlty wrote:Source of the post Yeah but they still can't make a full Hulk movie of any kind due to something something movie rights something

Is that true? I thought Marvel Studios owned full rights to Hulk. 2008's The Incredible Hulk was a Marvel Studio production following Iron Man. I always thought they haven't done another Hulk solo movie because those have done the worst historically.
Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 am

Tyler wrote:Is that true? I thought Marvel Studios owned full rights to Hulk. 2008's The Incredible Hulk was a Marvel Studio production following Iron Man. I always thought they haven't done another Hulk solo movie because those have done the worst historically.

Okay according to this 2016 HuffPo article Marvel COULD have a Hulk movie but Paramount would own the distribution rights and therefore *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsnorezzzzzcarcrash*

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/9067512

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 am

Fawlty wrote:Source of the post Okay according to this 2016 HuffPo article Marvel COULD have a Hulk movie but Paramount would own the distribution rights and therefore *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsnorezzzzzcarcrash*

Thanks for fact checking. That's much more complicated than I thought. What if Marvel Studio makes a movie called "The Big Green Monsters Not Living on Earth". Can they do a Hulk Planet movie then?
Fawlty
On Probation

Postby Fawlty » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 am

Tyler wrote:Thanks for fact checking. That's much more complicated than I thought. What if Marvel Studio makes a movie called "The Big Green Monsters Not Living on Earth". Can they do a Hulk Planet movie then?

I'm going to allow it.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm

New trailer that I haven't watched
https://youtu.be/ue80QwXMRHg
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:39 am

The first trailer for this still might be one of my favorite trailers in recent memory

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 pm

This is gonna be badass.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Thor: Ragnarok

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 am

Thats an okay length. 90 minutes is the minimum when I'm paying to see a movie, so 100 beats that.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 am

Reviews are out. 98% critic. Out in 2 weeks.
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/ar ... -peak-mcu/
Everyone is calling it the best Thor movie, and one of the best MCU movies. Others are saying it could be the funniest of them all.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:33 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Others are saying it could be the funniest of them all.

Because Thor and Hulk have such great chemistry!
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:11 pm

I think this looks bad.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 pm

CrckrJack wrote:I think this looks bad.
/leave

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Thor: Ragnarok

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:50 pm

How was it?!?!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 pm

Went to this tonight. Really fun movie. The rock guy is the greatest character in the Marvel universe.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:36 am

Regarding Korg, the rock guy I was talking about:
Always feeling the pulse of its fans, Marvel can already tell audiences are in love with the big guy — along with his sidekick Miek — and the studio has hinted that there will be more from the bashing duo.

“We have plans for Korg and Miek,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Fiege told Fandango. “When and where we’ll have to wait and see, but we, like the audience now that they’ve seen them, can’t get enough.”

I love this news.

Who else has seen this movie? Seems like no one has talked about it.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:50 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Regarding Korg, the rock guy I was talking about:
Always feeling the pulse of its fans, Marvel can already tell audiences are in love with the big guy — along with his sidekick Miek — and the studio has hinted that there will be more from the bashing duo.

“We have plans for Korg and Miek,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Fiege told Fandango. “When and where we’ll have to wait and see, but we, like the audience now that they’ve seen them, can’t get enough.”

I love this news.

Who else has seen this movie? Seems like no one has talked about it.

I've seen it. But typically don't talk about it until some others have seen it as Tyler yells at me about spoilers ALL THE TIME.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Went to this tonight. Really fun movie. The rock guy is the greatest character in the Marvel universe.

Did you know that Korg was played by the director Taika Waititi? I'm sure I spelled that wrong.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post Went to this tonight. Really fun movie. The rock guy is the greatest character in the Marvel universe.

Did you know that Korg was played by the director Taika Waititi? I'm sure I spelled that wrong.

I didn't until I read the article that included info about them wanting to bring Korg back in future movies. They also said that the original plan was to only have him in a scene or two, but Chris Hemsworth had so much fun with him and they kept coming up with more jokes for Korg to say that they put him in more of the movie.

Return to “Movies”