Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post That's the beauty of this, it WASN'T an origin story. I thought it was great things picked up immediately where Civil War ended. We don't need Spider-Man's backstory because everyone knows it.

I think this was a redeeming factor for sure. I loved that they didn't go through the spider bit and Uncle Ben's rice and everything.

I just get so tired of the running inside MCU themes. This was why Ant-Man was so good, because it was largely just about Ant-Man. I'm tired of Iron Man. This is probably my biggest problem honestly. I'm tired of the universes.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post It's almost like these high school aged characters are acting like high schoolers.... A 15 year old kid is dumb enough to use a secret identity to look more popular in school.

This isn't just a regular 15 year old kid. Spider-man aside, he had the confidence and the smarts to get arguably the worlds best engineer to give him an internship and a suit to control his powers. Nobody just gives that up to impress some weird faced 15 year old DJ.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:20 am

I agree with Tyler on this one. Yes literally everything in the movie could have been prevented if Tony had just listened to Peter. But oh wait literally every movie ever can be over in 30 seconds if the characters just talked!

I loved the training wheels on the suit because it just made the teenage angst you are meant to feel with Peter even stronger. Yes it's obvious but it was nice that they did it in a fun way. This movie was fun and that's what a Spiderman movie should be.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

I agree with bmyoungs on this one.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 am

Eh, agree to disagree. I overlook a lot of flaws in a lot of movies, but this one repeated a lot of them over and over, and it drove me nuts. Maybe I was just in a bad mood.

I typically love Spider-man movies, even though most of them haven't been good.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:11 am

Did Wilkins write that trailer? I thought they would be more positive about the movie.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:23 am

I watched this movie on Monday night. Kind of echoing what others have said but I felt that it was the most fun of all the Spiderman reboots. It really felt like he was actually a kid trying to figure out having super powers while also going through awkward teenage moments. I like Michael Keaton's villain because he wasn't inherently evil, just a blue collar guy trying to give his family the best life he could, and I like that he somewhat redeemed himself in prison by not revealing Peter's identity to Nacho.

Return to “Movies”