Discuss your favorite movies
bmyoungs

Dark Knight Rises

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:18 am

What is the general consensus guys? I'm going to it tonight
wags83

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby wags83 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm gonna see it in Imax in a bit. I'll report back tonight.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Loved it. Fo sho my favorite in the series. I won't talk about it until everyone's seen it.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 am

i loved it! i think i still liked The Dark Knight more for story and since I loved Heath Ledger, but this one was very close.
megatron

Postby megatron » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 pm

LOVED it! I think I agree with Brad though, loved Heath Ledger.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I liked the way Heath Ledger played The Joker, but I like Bane as a villain a lot more. He's just so badass.
Tyler
Owner

Dark Knight Rises

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 am

I'll probably catch a showing this weekend. Can't wait!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Hurry up and see it Glass! What's wrong with you!?
Tyler
Owner

Dark Knight Rises

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:50 pm

I saw it. Can we actually start discussing the movie instead of just saying "I liked it"?
Madman999

Postby Madman999 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Just saw it. Was pretty awesome overall although it was a little weak how easy it was for Batman to defeat the Bane character by damaging the mask.

A couple of other oddities. Why did the final battle at city hall devolve into a street fight when the bad guys had automatic weapons and Batman's stolen vehicles?

Plus the lady boardmember lived with the other members in hiding for 3 months when her henchmen ruled the city?

I didn't follow the comic book but its not clear why the badguys want to destroy Gotham even to the point of their own deaths.

Sent from Htc Droid Incredible
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Madman999 wrote:Just saw it. Was pretty awesome overall although it was a little weak how easy it was for Batman to defeat the Bane character by damaging the mask.

A couple of other oddities. Why did the final battle at city hall devolve into a street fight when the bad guys had automatic weapons and Batman's stolen vehicles?

Plus the lady boardmember lived with the other members in hiding for 3 months when her henchmen ruled the city?

I didn't follow the comic book but its not clear why the badguys want to destroy Gotham even to the point of their own deaths.

Yeah. I had a lot of questions too. I personally didn't like the story during the 3 months. It was a Batman movie without Batman.

My big question was how did Batman get back to Gothman after climbing out of the pit? Why was the stock exchange thing such a big deal? Clearly the bad guys did it so couldn't it just have been undone instantly?
Madman999

Postby Madman999 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Yeah, they could have shown that it took him 3 months to get back to Gotham city but probably woyld have added 20 minutes to the film.

What is weird is they had the scene where Bane takes him to thr prison after beating him up then hes back in Gotham again. Must have transported!

As for the stock exchange scene, it does seem a little weird to go that far to issue some bogus trades. Dont even see where the fingerprint came into play since it was all done electronically.

Other than that, Anne Hathaway as cat woman was pretty nice to see in her costume. Not enough screen time for her.

Sent from Htc Droid Incredible
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Hathaway did to a good job with the part, even though it wasn't necessarily needed for the movie.

I also want to add that I hope they don't make a Robin movie. I really like how they ended it, but they should just leave it at that.
Tyler
Owner

Dark Knight Rises

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm

I should also say I thought the last movie was better. This scale of this movie was too big and there was so much going on. I really did enjoy it all, but it just wasn't as great of an experience as The Dark Knight.

I thought Bane was kind of a lost opportunity. It was cool how they explained his history with the girl and he was the one to help her escape, but they could have done more with his character because he was such a badass. I agree that it was lame that Batman was gone for 3 months, came back and unplugged his face mask thus defeating him.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I thought Bane was done really well. One thing I was hoping for was maybe something after the credits showing Bane. He gets shot by catwoman on the motorcycle and we never really see him die or anything, so I thought maybe there would be a little more closure with that.

Also, I liked the ending but I kinda wish they wouldn't have shown Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway together. I think it would have made the ending a bit more ominous if we just saw Alfred getting his drink, looking up, smiling, cut to black.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:57 pm

wags83 wrote:Also, I liked the ending but I kinda wish they wouldn't have shown Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway together. I think it would have made the ending a bit more ominous if we just saw Alfred getting his drink, looking up, smiling, cut to black.

Nice! That would have been a better ending. I actually thought that was going to happen but then it showed them.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:16 am

megatron

Postby megatron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Tyler wrote:Image

Haha I thought about that too...don't people have common sense in fictional comic book movies?!?!

Return to “Movies”