Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Bone Tomahawk

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Bone Tomahawk

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:58 am

Another horror type movie that went under the radar when it came out but has good reviews.
89% RT
Kurt Russell, Richard Jenkins, Matthew Fox, Patrick Wilson

[youtube]0ZbwtHi-KSE[/youtube]
Tyler
Owner

Bone Tomahawk

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:01 am

Wilkins, watch this one after the end of the world one.

I think Awright saw this? Or he had plans to
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Bone Tomahawk

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:06 am

It even has the greatest actor of this or any generation, Kurt Russell
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Bone Tomahawk

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:31 pm

I thought I watched this at one point, but after seeing hte trailer, I clearly haven't. Will give it a shot.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Bone Tomahawk

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Welp! This movie was messed the f@#$ up. It starts with a drifter coming into town, and the sheriff arresting him after shooting him in the leg. A deputy and doctor look after him for the night, but when they wake up, they are all missing and kidnapped. Party goes to find them as they are assumed to be kidnapped by a bunch of native americans. Turns out they are more like horrible cannibal beings with weird throat noise things (you'll see).

Very good movie. Also very graphic, although not excessively. Characters were relatively smart, but unprepared and outmatched.

Reccomend. 8.5/10
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Bone Tomahawk

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 pm

Also, Kurt Russell plays almost the exact same character, with even the same haircut, as the Hateful Eight.
Tyler
Owner

Bone Tomahawk

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:06 am

I'm mostly going to compare this to Brawl in Cell Block 99 since they are the same director/writer.

I think Brawl is the better movie. I felt more connected to Vince Vaughn's character and his stakes were higher with the threat of losing his wife and baby. I think Brawl was more interesting during the slow parts as well, during Bone Tomahawk there were some stretches were I started getting bored.

I will disagree with Corey though, I think Bone Tomahawk is the more graphic movie. Brawl has better violent scenes (gun flight, multiple hand-to-hand fights), but there were 2 scenes in Tomahawk that were so disturbing that it inflates its overall "gore score" to higher than Brawl.

Tomahawk had the better ensemble cast, but Vaughn's performance was super strong on its own.

I think Brawl had the better ending. There was no way Vaughn was going to make it out of his scenario alive, and he accepted that early on. How as O'Dwyer able to climb that mountain at the end of Tomahawk with his broken leg and save the day? Plus they have like a 2 week walk back to town?

I think the movies were equally as suspenseful. Tomahawk used suspense great, but I also liked that the encounters with the troglodytes came out of no where. One second the heroes were scouting, next second Matthew Fox didn't have a hand.

Tomahawk had a great line of dialog too. "Say goodbye to my wife. I'll say hello to yours."

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post with weird throat noise things (you'll see).

So weird! But also easy to cut out and use?

One final disturbing thought. How the women were kept alive in the cave so they could keep giving birth :( They should have put them out of their misery.

Return to “Movies”