Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Justice League - 2017

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Justice League - 2017

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Blue Jackets wrote:Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy

The filmmaker's daughter died by suicide in March, prompting him to take a break from work and hire Joss Whedon to finish the Warner Bros. superhero pic: "I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me."

Superheroes have always been about doing the right thing in the hardest of circumstances. Now Zack Snyder, one of the biggest filmmakers in the genre and the director of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the upcoming Justice League, finds himself in just such a situation.

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in postproduction, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

Stepping in to shepherd the movie through post and the shooting of some additional scenes will be Joss Whedon, the Avengers filmmaker and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's help, the movie is still on track for its Nov. 17 release date.

Snyder’s daughter, Autumn Snyder, died by suicide in March at age 20. Her death has been kept private, with only a small inner circle aware of what happened, even as the movie was put on a two-week break for the Snyders to deal with the immediate effects of the tragedy. Zack Snyder says he initially was eager to return to the film, which stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller.

Thats so incredibly sad :(
Tyler
Owner

Re: Justice League - 2017

Postby Tyler » Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 pm

That's horrible. Im surprised he was able to keep that out of the media for so long.
wags83

Justice League - 2017

Postby wags83 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:08 am

Very sad.

Interesting that one guy will be responsible for both the Avengers and Justice League movies now.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Justice League - 2017

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:18 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Very sad.

Interesting that one guy will be responsible for both the Avengers and Justice League movies now.

That is really strange, but Joss Whedon is amazing, so it'll be fine. Especially for just post-production.
Tyler
Owner

Justice League - 2017

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Newest trailer from Comic-Con. I was really hoping they weren't going to hit at Superman returning, but it appears they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo
Tyler
Owner

Justice League - 2017

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 am

That seems fair given the unfortunate circumstances.

I also saw a trailer leaked from a convention, but it's pretty poor quality so I won't post it. You can find it if you're determined.
purple_hayes

Justice League - 2017

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Newest trailer from Comic-Con. I was really hoping they weren't going to hit at Superman returning, but it appears they have.

We have no idea who Alfred is talking to... Lanterns are mentioned in this trailer... could be a Lantern... could be Jon Jones aka Martain Manhunter... could be Shazam. Or it could be when Aquaman walks in the door... we won't know until Nov 17th.
Tyler
Owner

Justice League - 2017

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:15 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post We have no idea who Alfred is talking to... Lanterns are mentioned in this trailer... could be a Lantern... could be Jon Jones aka Martain Manhunter... could be Shazam. Or it could be when Aquaman walks in the door... we won't know until Nov 17th.

I'll buy you a beer if Superman doesn't show up at the last second to save the day.
purple_hayes

Justice League - 2017

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:18 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post We have no idea who Alfred is talking to... Lanterns are mentioned in this trailer... could be a Lantern... could be Jon Jones aka Martain Manhunter... could be Shazam. Or it could be when Aquaman walks in the door... we won't know until Nov 17th.

I'll buy you a beer if Superman doesn't show up at the last second to save the day.

That's not fair... we know he's coming back. We just don't know when. And really, the team doesn't need saving... it has Aquaman... dude has the coolest hair flip ever
Blue Jackets

Justice League - 2017

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:26 am

Joss's name has been removed from the material. Reddit says that Directors Guild of America Award (DGA) is extremely strict and wouldn't allow Joss to get a co-director title since he wasn't working on the film from the start.
Blue Jackets

Justice League - 2017

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Joss's name has been removed from the material. Reddit says that Directors Guild of America Award (DGA) is extremely strict and wouldn't allow Joss to get a co-director title since he wasn't working on the film from the start.

'Justice League': Joss Whedon Officially Getting Co-Writing Credit
Tyler
Owner

Re: Justice League - 2017

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:43 am

Make up your mind Hollywood! Will Joss regret this if it's bad?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Justice League - 2017

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:44 am

Tyler wrote:Make up your mind Hollywood! Will Joss regret this if it's bad?
Shush. It'll be awesome

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Return to “Movies”