Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Discuss your favorite movies
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2984
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Tag wrote:Source of the post maybe i'm in the minority on this one..


critics 32/ audience 65... i almost never side with critics but i just wanted to try this feature


Damn, I was really looking forward to this.
User avatar
Tag
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Tag » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:51 am

dont take my word for it tho, im not a confident movie critic.




I loved collateral beauty... but this one i dont know, its enjoyable to see them together but just the premise and ending meh
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:31 am

‘Collateral Beauty’ and ‘Passengers’ Have Spoiled the Concept of Spoilers
The summary is that movies with bad plots are being marketed as very different films through misleading trailers, and their actual premises are being treated as spoilers to attract viewers who might not be interested otherwise. The author argues that this is deceptive and unfair to audiences.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 24856
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:15 am

Tag wrote:Source of the post yet one of the workers all it did was raise his arms? lol what..

Without seeing the movie..are the workers like the robotic bartender seen in the previews? Maybe magnets hold them into place.
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Wallinguana » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:44 am

Tyler wrote:
Tag wrote:Source of the post yet one of the workers all it did was raise his arms? lol what..

Without seeing the movie..are the workers like the robotic bartender seen in the previews? Maybe magnets hold them into place.


He's talking about an actual person. And I believe he was just very well tucked in.
User avatar
Tag
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Tag » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:38 pm

LOL very well tucked in? That is hilarious.


If gravity was loss and had the power to have an entire pool float, have pratt floating 10ft above his bed and his entire bed floating... i think it would be enough to have brodie lift him more than his arms by about 8 inches
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
User avatar
Wallinguana
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Wallinguana » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Some people like a good tuck.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 9772
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby wags83 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Image
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 24856
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Watched this tonight after hearing not horrible things from some of you guys. I think Wallinga nailed my problem with it when he said:
Wallinguana wrote:deus ex machina bullshit

So many things worked out for them in the end. Like, thank goodness the other person to wake up was the only person who could help them.

On a plus side, I had no idea that Pratt's character was going to wake up Lawrence. That was pretty dark and came as surprise, I assumed they woke up together. Luckily Lawrence's character was given a reason to forgive him /s, in the end she is actually forced to be grateful for it because they would all be dead if it wasn't for him waking her up.

The spaceship was cool and the visuals were great, but otherwise the movie was average at best.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2984
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Tyler wrote:Watched this tonight after hearing not horrible things from some of you guys. I think Wallinga nailed my problem with it when he said:
Wallinguana wrote:deus ex machina bullshit

So many things worked out for them in the end. Like, thank goodness the other person to wake up was the only person who could help them.

On a plus side, I had no idea that Pratt's character was going to wake up Lawrence. That was pretty dark and came as surprise, I assumed they woke up together. Luckily Lawrence's character was given a reason to forgive him /s, in the end she is actually forced to be grateful for it because they would all be dead if it wasn't for him waking her up.

The spaceship was cool and the visuals were great, but otherwise the movie was average at best.

Chemistry was solid between the two, which is the redeeming factor. The space stuff was almost irrelevant compares to that
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 24856
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Agreed, the 2 leads made the movie bearable. They were both great, but I was hoping for more comedy bits
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 24856
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:47 pm

This is worth a watch. I kind of want to make Jocelyn watch this movie now and start it at the point of J-law waking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gksxu-yeWcU
User avatar
purple_hayes
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am
Contact:

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt's Sci-Fi Drama 'Passengers'

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 am

Tyler wrote:This is worth a watch. I kind of want to make Jocelyn watch this movie now and start it at the point of J-law waking up.


Wow... totally agree... if you put the first part as flashbacks after he wakes her up... it would make Pratt into a totally different character. I think that movie would have sold better. By simply starting where she wakes up, you question everything Pratt does in the movie. Very novel idea... if only we knew someone who could edit the movie like that.

Return to “Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests