Discuss your favorite movies
tylersucks

Predator reboot

Postby tylersucks » Thu May 10, 2018 8:50 am

Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Predator reboot

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:26 am

Out tonight. Does anyone care enough to see this opening weekend?
Tyler
Owner

Predator reboot

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Out tonight. Does anyone care enough to see this opening weekend?

I have no desire to see this on my own in theaters, but would go if someone asked me to tag along. Maybe I would see it on VOD, but I also don't really care.
wags83

Predator reboot

Postby wags83 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:36 am

Corey, Dan, and I (and Meg?) are seeing it tonight.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Predator reboot

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 am

wags83 wrote:Corey, Dan, and I (and Meg?) are seeing it tonight.
When does Erin get a chance to do things with friends?!

Answer. Taylor Swift.
wags83

Predator reboot

Postby wags83 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 am

I keep her locked in the house with the baby.
wags83

Predator reboot

Postby wags83 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:35 am

Went to this last night. It's entertaining but it's a pretty dumb movie. If anyone cares, spoilers to follow:

It's hard to take anything with this movie too seriously, but there's a problem with the whole premise. The very thin plot they have underneath the action scenes is that the first predator to get to Earth came because it wanted to deliver a weapon that would keep humans safe from the increasing number of predator visits and the second, bigger predator is hunting the first one down to kill him and destroy the weapon. My issue is that it seemed like they came up with this story line about half way through making the movie. At one point when they explain this plot to the audience, Olivia Munn says something like "It didn't come here to kill us, it came here to deliver a weapon." Except when the predator first crashes on Earth THE VERY FIRST THING IT DOES IS KILL THE MAIN GUY'S WHOLE UNIT OF SOLDIERS. And then when it wakes up in the secret government lab, IT KILLS A WHOLE BUNCH MORE PEOPLE.

Like I said, I can't get too mad about it because the only reason to see this movie is for ridiculous alien action scenes. But it was just like the filmmakers were so excited to film the ridiculous alien action scenes that they forgot to actually have a plot so they just inserted a very weak one into the movie when it was almost done being made.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Predator reboot

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 am

Is this a reboot? So the events with Arnold never happened? When you said the first predator came to earth to help us I was picturing the Arnold predator, who also clearly wasn't there to help.
wags83

Predator reboot

Postby wags83 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is this a reboot? So the events with Arnold never happened? When you said the first predator came to earth to help us I was picturing the Arnold predator, who also clearly wasn't there to help.

Sorry, I should have clarified, there were two predators in this movie and I meant the first of those two, not the first Predator movie overall. And no, it wasn't a reboot. It was a continuation of the predator universe.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Predator reboot

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 am

What do they have to say about the Arnold predator? Or the aliens and predators?
wags83

Predator reboot

Postby wags83 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 am

Also, they tried a little too hard to bring in call backs to the original predator. Like when they say "Get to the choppers" when they spot a bunch of parked motorcycles. And when Olivia Munn first sees the predator she says "You are one beautiful mother f**ker" instead of "You are one ugly mother f**ker" from the original. Side note, Olivia Munn sounds like she's very uncomfortable saying "mother f**cker."
wags83

Predator reboot

Postby wags83 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What do they have to say about the Arnold predator? Or the aliens and predators?

I guess my post just now kind of mentions it. They have call backs to the original. The only direct comment they make about the Arnold predator is that they mention the first time a predator came to Earth was in 1987 and visits have increased in frequency recently.

No mention of Alien aliens.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Predator reboot

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 am

wags83 wrote:Also, they tried a little too hard to bring in call backs to the original predator. Like when they say "Get to the choppers" when they spot a bunch of parked motorcycles. And when Olivia Munn first sees the predator she says "You are one beautiful mother f**ker" instead of "You are one ugly mother f**ker" from the original. Side note, Olivia Munn sounds like she's very uncomfortable saying "mother f**cker."
Those are HORRIBLE lines. Omg. That's cringy.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Predator reboot

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 am

Return to “Movies”