Split - from M. Night Shyamalan

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:36 am

Kevin, a man with at least 23 different personalities, is compelled to abduct three teenage girls. As they are held captive, a final personality - "The Beast" - begins to materialize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfooooTKyM
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:34 am

James McAvoy looks insane in this.
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:23 am

Tyler wrote:James McAvoy looks insane in this.

Yeesh no kidding. I love seeing actors play multiple personalities - the ones that do it well are so amazing like Delores on Westworld, the girl on Orphan Black. Hopefully he pulls it off as well as they do.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:29 am

The twist? He has 24 personalities!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Saw this trailer while watching TWD this week. At one point the character is climbing on the ceiling. If there is a fantasy element to this story that will be dumb. A lot of theories online that he is also a werewolf?
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am

Split has been the weekend winner for 3 weeks in a row. Beat Rings on its opening weekend

Certified Fresh on RT

M. Night Shyamalan’s already working on his Split follow-up
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:17 am

I'm going to try watching this movie over the weekend. I could skip out on games tonight and watch....but nah.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm going to try watching this movie over the weekend. I could skip out on games tonight and watch....but nah.

Watched this movie over the weekend... wow. The Honest Trailer is spot on. This is a great movie despite M Night Shamalingadingdong. Truly shows the depths of James McAvoy's talent. He is incredible in this, makes the movie. IMO, his performace is so powerful that the twist at the end isn't needed, although it does add to the fun part of the movie.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:51 pm

SPOILERS.

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post The twist? He has 24 personalities!

You're not entirely wrong

I liked the movie. I don't like horror movies at all, but I didn't think this was very scary. It was more intriguing than anything. McAvoy was great, but I wish we got more of the 24 personalities, or maybe they should have said he only had 10. 20+ seems way like way too many and didn't add anything to the story. It was great seeing him switch from different personalities and have a conversation with himself, Etc. (Get it?!)

The stuff with the uncle was hard to watch. You realize that he kept giving his brother beers so he would pass out and he could take advantage of his niece. It was even more depressing at the end of the movie when the girl doesn't want to leave the police car. Going home to her uncle is just as bad as being locked up by McAvoy, just a different kind of evil. I like to think the cop picked up on it and the uncle is now locked away.

I'm glad I watched Unbreakable last year. It was pretty cool that the twist turned out that this was a super villain origin story. Too bad Purple_Hayes ruined that for me last week. Can't believe someone didn't put it together before based on the posters.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Movies”