Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Upcoming Netflix sci-fi movie MUTE starring Aleksander Scarsgard, Justin Theroux, Paul Rudd

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Upcoming Netflix sci-fi movie MUTE starring Aleksander Scarsgard, Justin Theroux, Paul Rudd

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 am

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... -mute.html

Berlin. Forty years from today. A roiling city of immigrants, where East crashes against West in a science-fiction Casablanca. Leo Beiler (Skarsgård), a mute bartender has one reason and one reason only for living here, and she’s disappeared. But when Leo’s search takes him deeper into the city’s underbelly, an odd pair of American surgeons (led by Rudd) seem to be the only recurring clue, and Leo can’t tell if they can help, or who he should fear most.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:04 am

I'll watch it just for Justin Theroux. (Kevin from The Leftovers)
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am

Doesn't give a date, just says available some time in 2017.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:10 am

That is a great mustache.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Upcoming Netflix sci-fi movie MUTE starring Aleksander Scarsgard, Justin Theroux, Paul Rudd

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:50 pm

Who wants to watch this in VR?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Who wants to watch this in VR?

Buy me VR and I'll happily do that. I'm pretty excited for this too.
Kath525

Postby Kath525 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Me! How do I do that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Me! How do I do that??

Just like you were going to play VRchat with us on Friday....?

We use BigScreen to watch movies.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 am

10% critics and 54% audience
Tyler
Owner

Re: Upcoming Netflix sci-fi movie MUTE starring Aleksander Scarsgard, Justin Theroux, Paul Rudd

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:37 am

That's rough, but I still want to see because of the cast
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:19 am

Watched this over the weekend due to the cast... nothing too spectacular about it. I know Duncan Jones has a taste for telling unusual stories. This is not a sequel to his movie Moon, they happen in the same universe, as there is an Easter Egg calling back to that movie in this. Some of the themes in this movie are disturbing, I am sure it will not sit well with everyone, mainly speaking of Justin Theroux's character who has a thing for young girls. Its a bit excessive, possibly not needed or over done. One issue of this movie is that it leaves too much to the viewer to come up with. Much of the backstory to the main character Leo (Alexander Skarsgard) is left open or just unexplained. You are given just enough for the set up into the events of the movie. The focal love story of Leo and Naadirah is heart breaking, but as you try to piece together everything I feel you lose the weight of what happened and Leo's motivations get lost.

I think its worth a watch, but nothing I'd go out of my way to see again.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:34 am

It is still on my watch lost after that review, but it's near the bottom and I'll probably never get to it. Hurricane Heist is out this weekend, that pushes all movies down on the list

Return to “Movies”