Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Baby Driver - Edgar Wright

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Baby Driver - Edgar Wright

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Wallinguana wrote:Source of the post I enjoyed it and the action synced to the music was cool and really well done. I liked how some of the characters ended up surprising you with their actions. Having said that, it did have a pretty basic plot and some of the acting was too over the top for my liking. It was good and an original concept but I don't think it was as amazing as everyone is saying.

I share almost all of these opinions.

The movie was tons of fun. I'm not a huge music fan, but I could even appreciate how different elements in the world were in tune with the beat. I was a little worried when the movie started and Baby was singing everything to himself, I thought the whole movie was going to be like that. The movie had some laughs, but it was more action than comedy. I felt like the takes were real too.

Like Wallinga said, I like how the characters surprised you. Hamm's character seemed Buddy-Buddy (LOL, get it?) with Baby at the beginning and they seemed to be kind of friends. Spacey seemed like the obvious villain, so it was nice when he turned at the end to help Baby. Foxx's character was terrifying; I'm glad Baby took him out like he did.

The movie was not without its flaws though. John Hamm's character surviving all of those gun fights and somehow always finding Baby. Or Baby's "I have to end this" line at the end, no....you could just drive away. He can't chase you forever.

Overall very solid movie. It will be in my top 10 for the year.

Return to “Movies”