Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post -100% okay with the hearing aid being the device that took them down. Dad spent years building a hearing aid for his daugther and it saved their lives. If only the girl realized it sooner!

My problem with this, is it's a very 'Signs' ending. Like, almost seems copied.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post -All of the little soundproofing techniques used. Mattress, rafters were stuff with stuff, kids plastering the walls with newspaper

It drove me crazy that they just didnt soundproof more and live in the basement. They were banking their entire existance on bringing this baby into the world and THEN testing it out.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post BLIND. ATTACKS SOUNDS. WEAKNESS? Did Krasinki have no faith in the audience?

This could've been written on day one, but after that, its...pretty f'n obvious.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:08 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post -there is zero reason for a nail to be like that. I originally thought it was a splinter from the laundry catching (which would make sense), but a nail is silly

It wasn't even in a spot where the boards connected.

I thought a lot of this movie was really good, but once you start thinking about it, it gets just okay.

Not sure why they wouldn't live next to a river...or like, on a house boat or something and scavenge. Planting is way too loud. Digging is way too loud.

Even if you COULD safely yell next to a waterfall, are you really going to do it!?

I give this movie a 7/10. (The descent was a better sound based humanoid monster movie)

Return to “Movies”