Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 am

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/john- ... 201909081/

Hollywood couple John Krasinski and Emily Blunt will co-star in their first feature film together.

Krasinksi is set to rewrite and direct the Paramount/Platinum Dunes supernatural thriller “A Quiet Place,” marking his third directorial effort and first for a major studio, and also star opposite his wife Blunt in the film.
Last edited by Blue Jackets on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
wags83

John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:08 am

That will be nice for them.
Tyler
Owner

John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:16 am

Couples that act together stay together? The opposite of that is probably true.

I never knew Jim could write/direct. Good for him.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm

I saw a trailer for this the other day. I didn't realize it was a super-natural horror movie. I'm curious how much the characters even talk, in the 3 minute trailer is was zero.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am

I want to see this just so I can see what the monster actually is.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:28 am

wags83 wrote:I want to see this just so I can see what the monster actually is.
You see it and then report back if it's something I could see or if it's too spooky.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:I want to see this just so I can see what the monster actually is.
You see it and then report back if it's something I could see or if it's too spooky.

I already know that it's too spooky for you.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:05 am

Unfortunately I can't open that link at work because the website is categorized as "Tasteless & Offensive".
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 am

I think this looks really good.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:30 am

wags83 wrote:

Unfortunately I can't open that link at work because the website is categorized as "Tasteless & Offensive".
Werd. I can't open bloody disgusting links either at work
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

“It was non-negotiable for me to hire a deaf actress.”
The film industry has recently come under fire for representing certain types of individuals on screen but not actually hiring actors who are living those realities, including the recent horror film Hush; Kate Siegel, a non-deaf actress, was cast in the role of Maddie, a deaf writer. “All of you directors out there, if you want authenticity and real deaf quirkiness and mannerisms in your movies – choose a deaf actor. Or at least give them the chance to audition,” Rebecca Anne-Withey wrote on her blog The Limping Chicken, specifically discussing Hush.

Director John Krasinski will not be getting the same kinds of criticisms for his A Quiet Place, a monster movie that is earning rave reviews out of SXSW this year. Krasinski cast Utah-born actress Millicent Simmonds in the role of his on-screen daughter in the film. Simmonds’ character is deaf, and so too is Simmonds herself.

Our own Ari Drew spoke with Krasinski at SXSW for a full interview we’ll be posting tomorrow here on BD. In it, Krasinski talks about the importance of casting Simmonds.

“It was non-negotiable for me to hire a deaf actress, but I didn’t know I was going to get so lucky to have not only a deaf actress, but the most beautiful human being who would walk me through the experience and be honest about what it meant to be deaf,” Krasinski told us. “[Simmonds] was not intimidated. She would tell me, ‘This is what I would do in the moment […] and this is what a fight would look like with my dad.’ It was so great.”

In A Quiet Place, the family communicates via American Sign Language for much of its runtime, and Krasinski says that Simmonds was pivotal to that aspect of the film.

“Learning ASL for this was so amazing because, yes, it would be great for the movie, and, yes, it was a really cool thing to show on-screen… but for us it was so much more than that because we had Millie,” he told us. “Having her… it was almost like she was my parent because as I was trying to sign to her, she had the most wide-open face and was so appreciative that we were even giving it a shot. And just saying, like, ‘That’s not quite it, do it again.’ It was like my best friend, mom, sister, everything, was teaching me ASL! It was such a beautiful moment.”

Krasinski continued, “So I think that’s why it plays so well because she was […] such a beautiful guide through the entire experience of what this movie was.”

A Quiet Place arrives in theaters on April 6.
Tyler
Owner

Re: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Wow. Thanks Tim for reading the article and retyping it all for us
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:54 am

Has 100% and officially got PG-13 rating
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:07 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Has 100% and officially got PG-13 rating

The likelihood of me seeing this has gone up slightly.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Has 100% and officially got PG-13 rating

The likelihood of me seeing this has gone up slightly.

Lets be honest... the likelihood of you watching this movie went from slim to none.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Lets be honest... the likelihood of you watching this movie went from slim to none.

That doesn't even make sense! I am more likely to see it if it was R? Now I need to see it in spite of you!
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Lets be honest... the likelihood of you watching this movie went from slim to none.

That doesn't even make sense! I am more likely to see it if it was R? Now I need to see it in spite of you!

It makes sense in the fact that you won't see it because you don't like scary movies... just because this is rated PG-13 doesn't mean its less scary. Plenty of scary PG-13 movies out there, that you haven't seen either.

Return to “Movies”