Page 1 of 3

Venom

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:16 pm
by cwilkins88

Re: Venom

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:27 pm
by Tyler
So not connected to current Spiderman. Bring back Topher Grace?!

Venom

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:29 pm
by cwilkins88
Tyler wrote:So not connected to current Spiderman. Bring back Topher Grace?!

I would love to see a no-name actor

Venom

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:31 pm
by Fawlty
For any of my comic book nerds out there I really enjoyed the relatively recent "Flash Thompson" interpretation of Venom- a good-hearted war vet who regains his legs using an alien symbiote that constantly threatens to make him feral.

Bummed about the "no connection to Spider-Man piece.


Pauper of the Surf / Jester of Tortuga

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:37 am
by Blue Jackets

Re: Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:28 am
by Tyler
Sony does not need their own Marvel universe. They are way too late to the game and it will be too confusing for people if they allow Spiderman to be in MCU but not Venom

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am
by Fawlty
Sony Entertainment HQ:

"Guys! Guys! I had an amazing idea!"
"Yeah Bob, what is it?"
"We start a cinematic superhero universe!"
"Um... okay. It's been done a few times over the past 20 years but I guess Spider-Man's ecosystem is robust enough to support an entire series of interconnected-"
"Spider-who?"


Pauper of the Surf / Jester of Tortuga

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:15 am
by Tyler
Fawlty wrote:Source of the post Sony Entertainment HQ:

"Guys! Guys! I had an amazing idea!"
"Yeah Bob, what is it?"
"We start a cinematic superhero universe!"
"Um... okay. It's been done a few times over the past 20 years but I guess Spider-Man's ecosystem is robust enough to support an entire series of interconnected-"
"Spider-who?"

Who are we kidding, Sony doesn't care if they reboot Spider-man for the 4th time in 15 years. They could have the Sony/MCU Spider-man and then the Sony proper Spider-man that can live in the Sony universe.

Who else does Sony own? Fantastic Four? Fox owns all of X-Men (including Deadpool)?

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 am
by Fawlty
Tyler wrote:Who are we kidding, Sony doesn't care if they reboot Spider-man for the 4th time in 15 years. They could have the Sony/MCU Spider-man and then the Sony proper Spider-man that can live in the Sony universe.

Who else does Sony own? Fantastic Four? Fox owns all of X-Men (including Deadpool)?


I would be 100% down for a Miles Morales live-action movie. I just did a little web search that suggests Sony doesn't own much. Obvy they have Spider-Man's rogues gallery and smaller supporting characters such as the shameful Catwoman copy Black Cat and the super-boring Silver Sable.

If they really want to go Universe they could make anti heroes out of several Spidey villains (Venom, the Beetle, Sandman, and my personal fave Mysterio). Then they could have Kraven come in as a "big bad" hunting them all. I guess?

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:23 am
by Tyler
Fawlty wrote:Source of the post If they really want to go Universe they could make anti heroes out of several Spidey villains (Venom, the Beetle, Sandman, and my personal fave Mysterio).

I think I remember hearing something a few years ago about exactly this. Sinister Six I think is made up of mostly Spider-man villains. I assume Sony was going to do this, but it was cancelled, or at least put on the back burner.

Yep....
Escaping prison and wanting revenge against Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus organized former wall-crawler foes Electro, Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff), Mysterio (Quentin Beck), Sandman, and the Vulture into the Sinister Six.

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 pm
by cwilkins88
Fawlty wrote:Source of the post Sony Entertainment HQ:

"Guys! Guys! I had an amazing idea!"
"Yeah Bob, what is it?"
"We start a cinematic superhero universe!"
"Um... okay. It's been done a few times over the past 20 years but I guess Spider-Man's ecosystem is robust enough to support an entire series of interconnected-"
"Spider-who?"


Pauper of the Surf / Jester of Tortuga


I read this is the voices of a conversation between Bob and Teddy on Bob's Burgers.

Venom

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:52 pm
by Fawlty
cwilkins88 wrote:
I read this is the voices of a conversation between Bob and Teddy on Bob's Burgers.


TODAY'S SPECIAL
"The Spectacular Slider-Hams"

Hamsteak sliders on our "Marvel"ous homemade buns

Venom

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:55 am
by Blue Jackets

Venom

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am
by Blue Jackets
Kevin Feige Confirms Venom Isn’t Part of the MCU

http://screenrant.com/kevin-feige-confi ... f-the-mcu/

Venom

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm
by Fawlty
Blue Jackets wrote:Kevin Feige Confirms Venom Isn’t Part of the MCU

http://screenrant.com/kevin-feige-confi ... f-the-mcu/


For one scalding hot minute there was a rumor that the recent movie "Life" was a secret stealth prequel to Venom. How amazing would that have been?

Going beyond Feige's latest revelation, when are we gonna learn which Venom this film centers on? Sorry if I wrote this already but my favorite by far is the story of Flash Thompson, a high school bully who grew into an honorable soldier, lost his legs, then bonded with Venom to regain the ability to walk and perform covert ops for the government.


Pauper of the Surf / Jester of Tortuga

Re: Venom

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 pm
by Tyler
Life being a secret origin story to Venom would have been amazing.

Venom

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:41 pm
by cwilkins88
Agreed. Venom would be scary af as a sequel though. That movie ending had me 100% believing all life is doomed.

Re: RE: Venom

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:18 am
by Tyler
cwilkins88 wrote:Agreed. Venom would be scary af as a sequel though. That movie ending had me 100% believing all life is doomed.

Spoilers!!!

Venom

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:36 pm
by cwilkins88
I've wanted this to be a movie for 20 years. http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-carnage-villain/

Venom

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:33 am
by Blue Jackets